GeForce FX

I'm pleased with my Point of View Ti4200XP Turbo, damn thing is running @ 310mhz core and 660 mhz memory.....isn't that sweet?

I have a 9700 pro and play with all AA and FSAA settings up to full. I usually play ay 1280x1024 in opengl games, and in UT2003 i play at 1024x768. i get good frame rates and the game looks amazing. so really i don't care what nvidia wants to push for $500-700. untill it reaches $310, it can't compete.

well the bestbuy site has them up for 399 so yah the price is justifyed 1600x1200 instead of 1024x768 at 8x owww oww no I dunno but if has the power it says it does 60 bucks is worth it to me.

**I mean 89 bucks sorry thought u said 330

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
is that the ULTRA on sale there?

dunno...

the ultra was supposed to retail for 499...

if it is the ultra than nvidia could be taking a loss..

its a 12 layer pcb and the copper cooler and the ddr II itself..

but perhaps the 499 is for their higher end 256mb model :)

at least the nda's are up on the 18th of this month :) that means benches...

:cool:

it was the 128meg version so yah not the ultra would be my guess

Originally posted by Krux
it was the 128meg version so yah not the ultra would be my guess

who knows :)

on the 18th we get more info I think...

Hehe, looks like my suspicions were correct - compared to what we were expecting the FX is a bag of shi**.

I love my Ti4400, never had a problem with it, can still play games maxed out on it and i can overclock the ass off it, but if I was buying a card, and i had to buy now - today - i would get a 9700 Pro, and thats exactly what a friend of mine did today after we had a chat and read the FX reviews - he was gonna get the FX, but why bother, saved himself 150 notes and got himself a card which in all honesty looks nearly as good, and is available right now, besides even if it was available the FX is CERTAINLY not 150 quid better than the 9700.

And look, theres more, 2 months down the line, when production ramps up on the FX and they finally start arriving in decent numbers - the 9900 will arrive - oh dear - Nvidia will be catching up again.

Oh - and one more thing... :eek:

Sazar
"coming to raw performance... the card itself is likely to beat the R9700pro in raw benches with no AA and FSAA turned on... but when AA and FSAA are turned on (and believe me when I tell you a LARGE number of owners of the r9700pro play @ 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with reasonable levels of AA and FSAA turned on)... there is likely to be a different scenario... "

TheBlueRaja
"I would doubt this would be the case to be honest, simply because i cannot see how they could justify the price. Anyone who is going to buy this card isnt gonna spend all that money on a card which is matched (or closely matched) by one that is a couple of hundred quid cheaper. For 450 buck (UK) i would want a card that whoops ATI's ass. "

Nice one Sazar - was it your Biased view or your informed opinion - either way you were right mate.

Lets hope i never have to say that again....

:D

unless something is seriously being held back for these benchmarks i cant see how nvidia is going to avoid 3dfx's fate

Nvidia is a way bigger company then 3dfx ever was in fact I'm pretty sure they have money to spare since they put up most of the money for the new ballpark in San fransisco kinda funny driving down by the peirs and seeing big Nvidia logo's plastered all over the place. they also make mobo's which are doing really well, I hear there into mobile devices (cell phones) so yah Nvidia isn't going anywhere from one blunder.

* shakes head *

I couldn't care less about the new chip.

If you could consider the GeforceFX a revision of 4600, which it most likely isn't, you could all it Geforce 4 1/2 :)

So, in those number terms, I am waiting for a Geforce 6 :) :happy:

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Hehe, looks like my suspicions were correct - compared to what we were expecting the FX is a bag of shi**.

I love my Ti4400, never had a problem with it, can still play games maxed out on it and i can overclock the ass off it, but if I was buying a card, and i had to buy now - today - i would get a 9700 Pro, and thats exactly what a friend of mine did today after we had a chat and read the FX reviews - he was gonna get the FX, but why bother, saved himself 150 notes and got himself a card which in all honesty looks nearly as good, and is available right now, besides even if it was available the FX is CERTAINLY not 150 quid better than the 9700.

And look, theres more, 2 months down the line, when production ramps up on the FX and they finally start arriving in decent numbers - the 9900 will arrive - oh dear - Nvidia will be catching up again.

Oh - and one more thing... :eek:

Nice one Sazar - was it your Biased view or your informed opinion - either way you were right mate.

Lets hope i never have to say that again....

:D

I try not to get carried away with the whole this is better than that argument BUT I do also try and make educated guesses and not stay blinded by what PR either company presents...

I have repeatedly said I am not biased towards ati per se or am anti nvidia... I am however totally ANTI nvidia PR... which I think people NOW understand :)

they are the biggest load of hot air blowers the world has ever seen... it really is shocking... and now they will get away with it as well because it is nvidia and they bs all the time... :(

The verdict seems to be out, it doesn't meet up to all the hype the PR department was sending out, and it's fan is really really loud, I think I read 58 dB!! that's loud. I think their PR department blows as much hot air as their cooler does.

The ATi R350 should put the final nail in coffin, it's due out in March/April.

nVidia makes alot of money of the lower end business (MX series cards) so it should be fine, which is good, the video card wars is good for inginuity and prices.

Originally posted by Goatman
The verdict seems to be out, it doesn't meet up to all the hype the PR department was sending out, and it's fan is really really loud, I think I read 58 dB!! that's loud. I think their PR department blows as much hot air as their cooler does.

The ATi R350 should put the final nail in coffin, it's due out in March/April.

nVidia makes alot of money of the lower end business (MX series cards) so it should be fine, which is good, the video card wars is good for inginuity and prices.

the nv35 is the product to really watch out for... the REAL battle this year will be the nv35 v/s the r400 :) both should be 0.13 micron parts...

nvidia will not suffer as a company too badly because they have mountains of cash but even they cannot sustain a big loss on this 400million dollar investment...

the good thing is that the money was for a LINEUP of cards... not just the nv30 :)

let the fun begin :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back