GeForce FX scrapped?

that has got to be fake, that would be a very expencive way to do nothing, concerding that if they do not compleat this and move on to the next they are going to be burryed further in teh groung by ati 9700 pro and there new one comming out in april

I saw some pigs flying today, well not so much flying as falling with style, but it could still be a sign

the inquirer

lol its from the inquirer, so u know it is a fake.

so sad that u took the time to post something that will just throw other n00bs like urself off :p

Ah, Wrathchild isn't a ' noob " Trust me, I'v heard him tech talk. :) :D

it's an interesting post, it could lead to discussion as to why it isn't true, why it could be true, or what would happen if it was true. :) See the options?

I am just waiting for the other gfx cards prices to fall enough for me to be able to afford them.

And no Wrathchild is no n00b

why would they spend 1-3 years of development followed by 8 months of hype to scrap it after 100,000 copies? ATi did not do that with the 8500, and i doubt nvidia will do it with the FX. btw i would not believe everything you read on the inq, not all of it is actually truth, athough sometimes/most of the time it is credable.

the last few words on the post...

"Here's the speculation posted on this particular bulletin board. µ

"

kinda says it all dont it :huh:

I think people still fail to understand WHAT investment nvidia made in their gpu's :)

and to make a point... the inquirer SPECULATES on RUMOURS... they are not always right... if ever... but there is usually SOME truth in what they say...

here is the gist of it...

nvidia commits and spends 400+ million dollars on the nv3x LINEUP... NOT the gf FX alone... but the lineup... technlogies blah blah blah...

the gf FX that will ship may not allow nvidia to recoup much if ANY money @ all... bad pr and a faulty product does nothing to ones image... nvidia can devote is time/efforts/money instead to improving its other nv3x based products such as the nv31 and nv34...

also what is the break even on the card? the Oems may not make much money selling this card when you consider the price of the 12layer pcb/ddrII/cooling solution et al... it does add up someplace and since nvidia does not sell direct (unlike ati) they have to ask the oem's to bear the brunt of the costs and I doubt nvidia will like to strain those relationships..

NOTE these are LOW LEVEL PARTS... they DO NOT outperform the nv30... they are supposed to go into the low-mid level market and compete v/s the 9xxx cards from ati...

nvidia... by scrapping or rather limiting its resource expenditure (both monetary and intellectual) would actually be doing a good thing.. because they can concentrate their efforts completely on their new part... the nv35 which by all accounts... on PAPAR... looks to be a behemoth of a card... it was expected in august/september but with a redoubling of efforts/cutting the gf FX life span short... nvidia may be able to push the card out end of summer which would be quite good... then it would compete directly with the r400 from ati...

THAT is the real battle this year... the gf FX is last years card...

the bad rap nvidia is getting for the card is due to its pr department issuing FUD but the nv35 WILL by most accounts be a very powerful card.. in evert respect... the 256bit memory it is expected to incorporate should allow for much better performance with anisotropic and anti-aliasing enabled v/s the crappola the gf FX does...

Sazar, just looking at your sig, how do you like your Hauppage tv tuner? where you get it? i have an aver card that i am looking to get rid of or replace, and just wondering if you found something really good.

You also have to notice they said they'd stop production at 100,000 that is actually alot..... I would doubt if it were true...

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
Sazar, just looking at your sig, how do you like your Hauppage tv tuner? where you get it? i have an aver card that i am looking to get rid of or replace, and just wondering if you found something really good.

gonna get rid of it soon :)

no stereo and it conflicts with my sound card... giving irq errors... hence I have to move em apart... and I like keeping my cards in a closer setup to allow for better cooling ( a personal thing...)

as a tv tuner by itself it is just fine... does everything that is required...

I am keenly looking @ getting the AIW VE from ati... with a remote wonder... its the best pci tv tuner out there IMO...

also msi has a nice stand alone tv tuner... with remote :)

the VE is around 100 bucks.. the msi card is around 55-60 bucks...

those are 2 good pci solutions...

Well at least they have semi scrapped the main stickin point with the GF FX. They are apparently making a quieter Leaf blower

i bet this info is from an nvidia source but this is my theory

bet this was the original convo - nvidia will make in excess of 100,000 cards but will concerntrate their efforts on the upcoming card to outperform atis card then closing the gap that has appeared in the relaease of atis card and nvidias the cards.

Bloke from the bulletinboard - nvidia will limit the geforce fx to 100,000 units and move all their efforts to kick atis bunghole but then next year Ati and Nvidia will merge to make Atidia as Nvidia is making huge losses and its share prices have dropped.

its bull **** this guy probably does know about nvidia but hes a **** stirrer and wants to be on the inquirer so hes changed it a bit (or a lot) this is meaningless pap but i wouldnt be suprised if nvidia is moving its ass to get this next one out on time for atis

if anyone from the inquirer is reading this, this is a joke and dont post it as your headlines:D

hey sazar i got the hauppage crapola tv tuner too know of any that will let ya play psx on it without jumping off the screen?

Originally posted by Sazar

I am keenly looking @ getting the AIW VE from ati... with a remote wonder... its the best pci tv tuner out there IMO...

also msi has a nice stand alone tv tuner... with remote :)

the VE is around 100 bucks.. the msi card is around 55-60 bucks...

those are 2 good pci solutions...
thats what i am looking at, but would it conflict with the 9700 pro as a video card?

are you thinking or the stand alone PCI cideo card, or just the tuner: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=15-116-302-01.JPG/15-116-302-02.JPG/15-116-302-03.JPG

Originally posted by Majin
hey sazar i got the hauppage crapola tv tuner too know of any that will let ya play psx on it without jumping off the screen?
CRAPOLA nice marketing name :D

thanks well i thought it was a more adequete name for it. :) .....hmmm maybe we should split and rename this thread to sumthin pertaining to tv tuners now . lol :)

Originally posted by Majin

tv tuners use cable feeds into the board and display em and have s-video out.. I dunno if they can be used like a regular tv to play games et all on em... I am talking strictly about the hauppage here...

perhaps a more complex version or an AIW might help you in doing this.. I am not one to ask concerning psx and gaming on a computer by hooking up a console :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back