Geforce FX 5900 Ultra advice...

Damn... I gave it to a buddy of mine who stripped it for the heatsink/fan. Now that I heard the above story I would have tried to get it fixed. :( Or at least sold it for $10.

BTW The written warantee with the card said 1 year and that's what was on the Gainward site when the card died. I double checked at the time. Mine was only a GE3-TI200 though. The GE4 may carry a better warantee.

Also, when I went looking for a replacement in April the best I every found on Nvidia based cards was 1 year. That was a big driver for my choice of the ATI Branded 9500 PRO (3 year warantee).

As for an ASUS brand card to misquote an old rule of thumb:

" No one ever got fired for buying ASUS."

Gainward has updated the picture of the 256MB version on their website...Now the 256MB GF FX Ultra looks like the standard reference card except that they have placed their sticker on the fan area. That's kinda disappointing, considering that the 128MB version looks so cool!!

O man please dont even get me started on bad tech support lol.... ill say one thing dont buy IWill products if u want support. As for reference cards i like a card that sticks to the basic design they can add there fancy heatsinks as does gainward and leadtek but nvidia knew what they were doing designing it (i hope) so messing with that too much maybe trouble..If i was looking id go with gainward , msi, or maybe leadtek not in any order as i havnt researched any of them.

ntentz,

You'll be happy to know that I just ordered the Gainward GF FX Ultra (256 MB)...I can't wait to get it!!

Thanks for all of your input (everyone). I hope that the card is all that it's cracked up to be (paid $500 - that is a lot of dough).

Q

Ya that is alot of dough you better game your a@@ off to get your moneys worth lol.But im sure youll be happy with Gainward, wish i had one of the ones your gettin.

Originally posted by Quaksyx
ntentz,

You'll be happy to know that I just ordered the Gainward GF FX Ultra (256 MB)...I can't wait to get it!!

Thanks for all of your input (everyone). I hope that the card is all that it's cracked up to be (paid $500 - that is a lot of dough).

Q

read our pixel shader discussion here to get info about dx9 performance and compatability :)

your card should run absolutely fine on todays games btw... :)

and most of the upcoming ones too...

Ntentz

We expect a full review of the 5900 from you when it comes in.

Noise level

Picture quality (detail, artifacts, textures, etc)

Gaming Speed

Heat Level (just hold your hand near it, we wouldn't want you injured).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back