Geforce 8800 GTX/GTS Launched

What psu do you have powering all that stuff kermit?

Post some benchies ;)

What psu do you have powering all that stuff kermit?

Post some benchies ;)

I use the Ultra X Connect 550Watt PSU.

As for Benchies I dont have anything installed I use WinXP 64x let me look around for some benchies I can use.

Last edited:
I imagine your benchmarks will be right around what I'm getting. Curious to see them though.

I imagine your benchmarks will be right around what I'm getting. Curious to see them though.

I tried 3dmark 05 , wont run in 64bit or its the 8800gs driver problems that caused the crash, sisoft sandra crashed might need to look for a newer version .

Anyone know what runs in 64bit benchies?

Crash == software crash or a hard-crash requiring cold boot?

Check some sites like nvnews to see if anyone else has similar issues m8. Best solution I think.

No cold reboot crashes ... just software craps out but these 8800's do not yet have full support ie: opengl is borked in some titles.

The 8800 has shabby Windows XP driver support at the moment, let alone 64bit Xp or Vista. You might want to go back to 32bit XP for the most out of that card. Unless you are willing to wait a month or more for a decent driver. Even then there is no guarantee that a good XP 64bit driver will be out.

The only real troubles I have are the HL2 source games and Farcry 64

Other than that after some testing mostall the games I want to play are working flawless so I really dont think I want to go back to 32bit, I thought about it the first day, but I am fine with what I have right now... games like Oblivion and FEAR are just amazing with this card ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back