GeForce 5????

S

Seeking Up

has anyone heard about when its coming out... or any links to info about it? thanks guys and gals

From what I have heard, it wont be out til after christmas.

I dont know if they are goin to call it GeForce 5, I think it is still going by the chip designation of nv30 at the mo.

o ok.. i just want some info on it cuz i wanna be able to run doom 3 LOL... i was looking at the 4600 cuz i know that will drop in price cuz of the geforce 5 or whatever its called

The GeForce FX (*sigh*) should be available in January / February.

The official announcement is tomorrow.

With another price tag of around £300 i presume,cost a fortune to keep up with graphic cards GF3/GF4ti4600/Geforce*** no wonder i am always skint :D

30% faster than ATI's latest card too, apparantly!

I hope it`s not only in 1 subject (ie...nature on 3dmark2001)at 1600x1200 resolution/32bit/trilinear/fsaa/blah blah ,want 30% real world testing and i hope this is 30%quicker with fsaa and anistopic filtering on in unreal 2003:D

Posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
30% faster than ATI's latest card too, apparantly!

It's obviouly gonna be faster, but what sort of crap statistic is that, honestly.

originally the geforceFX card would have been... per paper specs... a little slower than the 9700pro if not around the same performance...

since the r300 debuted @ the performance it did... nvidia redesigned many aspects of the card to make sure it will be top of the line when it does come out... hence the geforceFX SHOULD outperform the 9700pro per what the nvidia white paper says...

however... the availability of the card is the question...

the card might be paper launched @ comdex monday as promised... but is more likely to be a demo than anything else... about what the card can do... raw benches are NOT expected @ comdex so don't hold your breath... many of the top hardware reviewing sites have said as much...

what is very likely is that the card will NOT ship till at least january/february...

basically the product will be paper launched and should PERHAPS be in the stores in very small numbers... optimistically speaking...

hopefully benches on the card will be posted by the end of this month or december so that consumers have a good idea of the performance...

from the ati quarters the general feeling is that the paper launch is to cut sales of the 9700pro in december and nothing more...

in a side note.. the 9700pro that was reviewed by top JEDEC peeps was fully ddr II compliant... and that casts some doubt on the EE statement saying that the nv30 is the only fully ddr II compliant card out there... (um WILL be when it is out there)...

:) on another side note... the card should be priced around 360 dollars...

thats the best news on the card... :)

will keep you lads posted on the OFFICIAL retail date of the card.. though am sure that our resident Nvidia god EP will keep tabs on the product :)

Is it offical yet that its called the GeForceFX? Last I heard it was just a rumour the someone slapped FX on cause the NV30 has 3dfx technology in it. Or it was from the CineFX technology. I'm just gonna wait, nVidia is gonna annouce it any day now, so of course there are gonna be rumours flying around.

its the geforceFX... will have more info on that coming for sure from nvidia...

BUT... the fact that the card will not be readily availably till q12003 is NOT a rumour :)

card is going to be announced @ comdex tomorrow (or today... wherever you are)

monday 18th november 2002... as EP I am sure has previously posted some place :)

the card will be demoed.. basically... doubt true benches will come till perhaps near the end of the month :)

How am I the resident god, I am now 2 generations behind, and the lowest of these 2 generatons I might add!

come on EP... you know everything... I bow down to your superior knowledge.. of... EVERYTHING :)

And I'm sure in their haste to out-do ATI, the XP stability/compatabilty issues will all be resolved, and it will ship with nice stable drivers. If only I just used my computer for benchmarks I'd be a happy man. :D

I am not sure they are rushing anything :)

if nvidia had rushed the card it would be out in stores now...

but... we don't know that they have not tried... could well be that the manufacturing process and the collabarators for the process just could not meet deadlines... the new deadlines I mean...

very likely that the card should be just fine...

my video card worked perfectly out of the box... and I got it only a little after it was released.. so am sure the nvidia nv30 (geforceFX) should be just fine...

With the new .13 manufacturing process, it could take longer to get the GeForceFX into good availability.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back