Geforce 4MX-T ( should i take it ? )

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I'll upgrade next week my pc with a new component and i thought at this video card that will take from my budget just 100$ . If anyone could me some recommandations and suggestions or some more details about this card , details will be greatly aprecciated , i want to know first what i'll take ( from MSI )

I think that will be a nice take , what do you think ?

Stay away from anything MX. Period.

I would get a Radeon 7500 if I were you, but that's just me.

ditto on that suggestion. mx cards are usually very low end cards of a particular model of card.

the geforce 2 ti is a good priced card. but i suggest the radeon7500 too.

Get the Geforce

Man the Geforce 4 4600 is the best! ati sucks ass compared to Nvidia!!!!

first shut up mafia, dont start flames plz.

second i dont suggest you buy a 7500. they truly do suck either get a 8500 ou get a gf3 ti200 there quite inexpensive and there dx8 .. the gf4 mx is of the same performance as an gf2 gts\pro..so no..

Dont tell me to shut up

dArK_CyAnIdE first of all u dont know what your talking about and second of all dont tell me a any ati is better than a Geforce 4! TALK When you know what your talking about.

LMAO me dont know what im talking bout LOL
i NEVER inclined that an ati card was faster then the GF4 LOL gf4 is THE fastest card PERIOD!!!! yet =p

i was refering to this : "from my budget just 100$ ." a gf4 aint less then 100$ dude..

and i stronly suggest you re-read my post! telling me i dont know what im talking about make you look dumb to me i said facts! the gf4 MX REALLY is about the performance then a gf2 gts\pro so whats the problem?

Thats right

Thats right the Geforce 4 is the fastest to date and thats why i recomend it!

the guy asked for a 100$ card not 600$

and why did you say i didnt know what i was talking about? you think i said the gf4 was beat by the 8500? LMAO!!!!

k just to add... g4 ti 4600 is most expensive in the 300 dollar range... ti4400 is in the 200 dollar range and the ti 4200 is around 170-ish dollars, under 200 dollars....

Ati has an 8500 card also under 200 bucks that gives you more features than the ti4200 BUT the ti4200 is better for gaming... faster... both come with 128 megs of onboard ram...

if you are looking for a card around 100 bucks or so... well... all I can say is spend about 50 odd bucks more and get a GOOD card with 128 megs of memory... all the other cards have 64 megs and some you can't add more memory to...

personally I would go for the g4 ti4200 if you can find one/or the 8500 LE which is also excellent... not as fast for gaming but heck it is way more than good enough and gives excellent DVD playback AND allows I believe tv in/out and s-video... I think... might be the higher end 8500 can't remmeber...

but have fun anyways... :D

just to add...

the whole thing about the battle of the cards is BS.. I agree with dark cyanide about the ati being better bang for the buck at that price range... I Still recommend spending a bit more and going for the newer cards for the original poster...

if you REALLY want a card comparison... go to www.anandtech.com and check it out... also read the little side story about the evolution of the g4 DOWNWARDS to the ti 4200 which we would not have had NOW if not for the low end 128 meg 8500 LE...

what can I say... you can't just go spewing crud and expect everyone else to be dumb... offering the best solutions does not make one dumb...

and remember not everyone is looking to get 200 fps on unreal tourney :) though that would be great... heck I frag like crazy on counter-strike and I TOP OUT at 20 fps... :D

and if you.. whatever your handle was.. really wants a superduper fast GPU.. look no farther than the new matrox cards coming out with DUAL 400mhz RAMDACs, AGP 8x support AND 256 MEGS of RAM... ok ok... start drooling people...

well for gaming id go for the ti4200 since it sould also have the dual vision a la hydra. sweet card for the price.. but here in canada the 4600 is ~600$ which really sucks... i cant wait to gte the omen(gf5) or the r300 .. wonder how high priced they will be...

I just wish that ATi would actually make a card for gaming... you know they have the money and the resources...

what they need is BETTER driver support and BETTER cards in terms of gaming speeds... the lack of which has seen them drop off when it comes to gaming cards...

they still make cheap cards and will keep the market share with that and their all in one wonder cards... but dammit... I want to see competition... Nvidia needs to be pushed at the high end gaming point...

:) that way we will get cards like the 4200 at an affordable price...

by the way... yes its true for all the lads who said the gf4 MX is a glorified gf2... thats totally true... and the marketing exploits the fact a lot of people do not have much technical know-how of vid-cards...

ive seen a kid a a store buy a gf2mx cause his dad said it had 64 mb of ram.. instead of a 32mb gf2 pro... THAT pisses me off BAD! the kid knew what he wanted (the pro) but his dad wouldnt have it he said it has 64mb ram , is less costly, so its better LMAO dumb ass guy i sould have punchned him =p

the kid finally got the mx cause his dad said so.. man .. ignorance is costly...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back