Geforce 4 Ti4200 Bad Performance

I

isoacid

I recently bought a VisionTek [ Xtasy ] Geforce Ti4200 and the fps seems to go WAY down, like in GTA3 itll go down to the 20's. On CS itll go down to 40 when there is like 5 ppl in front of me.
Its 128mb
Pc spec
1.6ghz
512DDRam

did you try updating the drivers? and what was your previous card?

I updated my drivers and my last card was a Riva TNT2 M64

try different drivers,

try the 28.32
the 29.40

don't use the drivers that came with it use the Nvidia drivers

you can get them here

Nvidia Drivers

get more system ram if you are running xp and your performance will increase.

512 MB RAM is more than enuf for running WinXp. .But certainly the more the better... However, it doesn't make any sense for a GF4 for getting such a low fps and with such amount of RAM. Try updating your driver and post the result here. I'm also getting a GF4 Ti4200 in the upcoming weeks if I won the bet in WC2002. Cheers...:)

You haven't said what resolutions your trying to run these games in when your getting those bad fps.

Have you checked if the card is running at AGP 4X?

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
get more system ram if you are running xp and your performance will increase.

i think that 512 is still to much , am i right ? :rolleyes:

Ok I just tried the detanator 29.40, no changes. Im using agp 4x. I play games at 1024x768 32bit.

Oh yeah I jus reformatted and the fps goes down to the 37-40's on GTA3 now.

Originally posted by Cosmin

i think that 512 is still to much , am i right ? :rolleyes:

chill thought that he was running 128, mis read.

try to cut down on the system apps, only idea, load windows dlls into memory, (helps run faster for me)

im usin visiontek ge4ti4400
i get 60fps in cs(too lazy for refresh rate fix), running in opengl 1024x768

i use the detxp drivers 28.32

dunno what could be causing your low fps...maybe your fps in cs is set to a low fps.....default is 72 i think

I cant install the det 28.32 for some reason. They worked on my other graphic card but now when I install them they arent actually installed. It still says my current drivers.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back