Geforce 4 4600 ti HELP!!!

M

mitch529

Ok, well I just got this new card :( and so far its been horrible. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have tried everything even a clean format! I am actually typing this in safe mode (lmao) i have a 350 watt power supply and everything else is in sig. Any help is great!
Mitch

//
// Watchdog Event Log File
//

LogType: Watchdog
Created: 2002-04-08 00:26:10
TimeZone: 300 - Eastern Standard Time
WindowsVersion: XP
EventType: 0xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

//
// The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop. This
// usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device
// driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your
// display device vendor for any driver updates.
//

EaRecovery: 1
EventCount: 7
BreakCount: 7
BugcheckTriggered: 1
DebuggerNotPresent: 1
DriverName: nv4_disp
Shutdown: 0
ShutdownCount: 4
EventFlag: 1
DeviceClass: Display
DeviceDescription: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 (Microsoft Corporation)
HardwareID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0250&SUBSYS_8F05147B&REV_A2
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
DriverFixedFileInfo: FEEF04BD 00010000 0006000D 000A0B8E 0006000D 000A0B8E 0000003F 00000008 00040004 00000003 00000004 00000000 00000000
DriverCompanyName: NVIDIA Corporation
DriverFileDescription: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 29.58
DriverFileVersion: 6.13.10.2958
DriverInternalName: nv_disp.dll
DriverLegalCopyright: (c) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
DriverOriginalFilename: nv_disp.dll
DriverProductName: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 29.58
DriverProductVersion: 6.13.10.2958

Well I don't know if this is the problem or not but does your mobo support 8x agp and is the card an 8x agp. I also guessing by the fact you said you tried everything that you got the newest driver from nVidia or off windows update, if so I'm pretty much outta ideas

yeah, newest drivers older drivers etc... Thanks for giving it a shot hehe still in safe mode :( soon I will put old card in if i cant figure it out....

But I dont think 8X agp would conflict... It may, lol you never know! It may be time for a mobo upgrade :(

i wouldn't doubt that your motherboard's causing the problem. ecs doesn't make quality motherboards, and the k7s5a is definitely no exception. i've seen countless problems come up with that board. btw, agp8x has nothing to do with it. 8x cards work in 4x boards everywhere without problems. do you have the latest bios version?

might want to think about investing in a good brand motherboard based on a good chipset. kt400 or nforce2.

lastly, have you checked the gf4 manufacturer's website to see if they have a bios update for the card? there's a chance.

if its an OEM 350W PSU then its probably still a power issue, if its got a crappy 5V rail then the infinate loop will keep kicking your pc out of touch

I had the same problem with my Radeon 9700 Pro until I disabled fast writes. For me, it was in advaned video properties under the smartgart tab. Look around to see if you can find it...

Yeah - disable Fast-Writes, but this is usually done in the BIOS. I *think* it can be done in the Detanator Drivers somewhere but i dont know where.

I think a LOT of people who have 8X motherboards are having these issues.

Thx for the help guys!

What would be a good Motherboard to upgrade too?!? I will probably upgrade the Powersupply too. If anyone has any sugestions feel free to express them, I will keep the processor I have now.... Xp 1900+ and upgrade it later but for now its fine. I would like to stay around 200 dollars give or take :) Along w/a nice Thermaltake Volcano...

i got my abit NF7 for under $100. it's an nforce2 board so pretty much one of the best athlon mobo's you can get right now. great price, too. if you want super-deluxe sound, serial ata150, and firewire, get the NF7-S for like $20 more. asus, mis, leadtek, and other quality manufacturer's have good nforce2 boards as well.

for the power supply, antec and enermax are your best bets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back