Geforce 3 and Overclocking

O

Oorgle

Hi,
I have a Geforce 3. The regular one (non TI) and I was wondering how much could i oc it using power strip? I want to try to max out the card and am unsure which settings to put it at so it still functions safely. It still has stock cooling. It is also a VisionTek Gf3

Thx

I thought there were only the Ti200 and Ti500 models of the Geforce3?

With overclocking, basically bump up the core / memory about 3-5mhz at a time, until the card either locks up during benchmarking/playing games, or artefacts (blobs of different colours, weird stuff) appear on the screen. When this happens, turn down the settings slightly until the card is stable.

Originally posted by adamg
I thought there were only the Ti200 and Ti500 models of the Geforce3?
before nvidia adopted it's Ti moniker, there was just a plain geforce3. then Ti sprung up and out came the ti200 (slower), ti500 (faster), and gf2 ti (between the gts pro and ultra).

oorgle, you don't bother with powerstrip. the nvidia driver has built-in overclocking that just needs to be enabled with the coolbits registry key (see attachment). then navigate like so:

overclock.txt

- step up your core frequency by 5mhz... 'test' it... 'apply' it... then run a minute-long 3d benchmark or game and look for things that aren't normally there. this includes discolored pixels, odd triangles, and just general strange behavior. if it looks okay, go back and up it another 5mhz and repeat. once you get weird things or it locks up, go back and lower it back down 5mhz and that will be your max core frquency. run it at this frequency for a good while (10+ minutes) while playing a game and make sure it's alright.

next... do the exact same thing with memory. eventually you'll get your max memory frequency. it's best to do core and memory seperately. if you do them at the same time, you'll get artifacts at some point and won't know which slider is causing it.

good luck. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back