GeForce 2 VGA Card

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hello ..

Would like to find out what is the difference of these cards? Which is better and what is recommended?

GeForce 2 GTS Pro 32MB 5ns DDR
GeForce 256 32MB
GeForce 2 MX400

My mainboard has a 4x AGP slot, will it fit these cards please?

Thank you ...

GeForce 2 GTS Pro is the best, but get a 64MB version if you can... they will all run in 4x boards. GeForce 2 MXs are horrible. The 256 is a little better, and the GTS/Pro versions are the best GeForce 2s.

As Eck said, the GTS is the best option of the three, but try to get more memory if you're a gamer.
All three cards will work with your AGP slot. :)

MX arent that bad. I have an MX400 with 32MB and I can run just about all of the newest games at 1024x768 with most of the options on high.

how, i have a gf2 ti and i cant... and a really good pc

Originally posted by PlagueWielder
MX arent that bad. I have an MX400 with 32MB and I can run just about all of the newest games at 1024x768 with most of the options on high.
i sorta doubt that... unless you have a tolerance for low framerates, low image quality, or your idea of 'newest' games are simcity 4, counterstrike, and freelancer. ut2k3, bf1942, and those types of games would run horribly on a gf2mx.

dreamworks, that gts is a good choice. but, like everyone said, try to go for 64mb. i had a 64mb gts overclocked to gts pro for over 2 years... was great.

well i have a geforce 2 mx 440 and i can still play most of the games out there with a decent framerate.

gf4 mx's are equivalent to standard gf2's. gf2 mx's are below both of those by at least half.

I still got my gf2 mx400 and I'm running all the latest games ok... although... since I've had this card for a while now... the slow framerate don't seem noticeable to me. ;)

CS works on ANY computer no matter what the specs are, lol.

I used to play UT2003 and it ran really good at 1024x768 with almost everything on high.

I play Vice City with draw distance on full and at 1024x768x16, although Ive played at 1152x768 (dont remember if it is 768) and I barely had any lag.

Sim City 4 was kinda slow but it still was fast engouh to be able to play it.

Postal 2 works very fast too.

NOTE: I havent overclocked my card.

Specs:
Compaq Presario
XP Pro
AMD T-Bird 1GHz
384 MB of PC2100
GF2 MX400 with 32 MB
Crappy and old SB.

This computer is really stable.. never crashed once in the 2 years that I own it.

---------------------------------

Back to topic.
Get the GTS. If you can get a couple more bucks go for the GF4 MX or GF3 TI or just live with what u have and save up for a TI4200.

PlagueWielder
stop saying bull****
only for ut2003 i beliva ya i ran it nicely on 1024x768 back in da days when i had geforce2mx 200pci 32mb
now wiht my modded 9700 pro i run it at 1600x1200 6aa,16af nicely
:)
also my friend with geforce2mx 400 can berely play bf1942
all low quality 800x600
his specs xp1800,640mb ram etc.etc..

Originally posted by Ice-Freezer
PlagueWielder
stop saying bull****
only for ut2003 i beliva ya i ran it nicely on 1024x768 back in da days when i had geforce2mx 200pci 32mb
now wiht my modded 9700 pro i run it at 1600x1200 6aa,16af nicely
:)
also my friend with geforce2mx 400 can berely play bf1942
all low quality 800x600
his specs xp1800,640mb ram etc.etc..

You really need to stfu.

If you dont believe me you can come to my house and watch me play these games at these resolutions.

Maybe yr friend's pc is so f*cked up that he cant play games at higher resolutions.. ever heard of the word "Format"?

guys chill, were not gonna start a flame here i hope ;) i agree with plaguewielder if you treat youre gf2 good then it will still play most games very good, cause its the same her on my pc.

:D :D :p :rolleyes:

people have different ideas of what 'good' is. leave it at that.

Exactly, but not only yr GF2. You gotta keep yr whole PC at good shape. I used a lot of tweaks to get my pc running as fast as it is right now and I advise you to do the same.

Originally posted by taurus
:D :D :p :rolleyes:

people have different ideas of what 'good' is. leave it at that.

No, its just that some people cant get their games to play good enough so they think that their computer is outdated and they go to buy a new card right away without even trying to look at what is wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back