GeForce 2 Tweakage!!!

UniSol

I'm all ears
Yesterday I got my cooling kits for my GF2, this was BlueOrb (heatsink w/fan) Cooler for my GPU Chip and another RAM Cooling kit (heatsinks) which I used for SD-RAM on the GPU Board.

I came accross one problem with the RAM Heatsinks, one of them fitted perfectly, the other one I had to modify abit, there was a little chip between 2 of the RAM ships (no I didnt scrap it off with my knife) so I had some choices, I could of left it off, Cut it into half size pieces or drill a little whole for it.
I chose the lat'r option (this way less performace might be lost unlike cutting it in half which I assume would affect it cooling power more), Went down stairs, got my dads drill (please no sick comments) and drilled a whole about 5mm accross half way down the heatsink (just off centre). I drilled right thought moving 2 sticks on the heatsink (did this so air could get to the little chip).

Next Download a Nvidia Tweaker linked from guru3d.com

I added 10mhz on core and memory speed (all works) and used the quick option 'quick' to make it auto config my setting for faster speed, there is also and option for quality.

After the reboot i did some DirectX check and bloody hell was I impressed, That spinning cube has never been that fast before...

More tweaking and reports to come....:rolleyes:

hmmm

Have you tried to use Power Strip from Entech? I used the Nvidia Tweaker at first, but realised that the machine hanged from time to time (due to the overclocking of course). But then I got my hands on PowerStrip, and now my Gf2 card is running smoothly (without additional cooling) at 240/200! That is about 1000 points extra in 3Dmark 2001...

Nah not yet, I just spotted that on your website.

What are it functions?:confused:

I Use NVMAX ..... a nice tool that starts when windows starts and automatically tweaks your card to his max

Sorry for my bad english ... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back