GeForce 2 MX 400

Goatman

Ska Daddy
I just installed a Gf2 MX 400 on my machine, but it shows text in GTA 3 at big blocks.

I've got another question, can anyone tell me how to turn on the TV out??

yep, i had that problem b4
it's not a problem with your video card, it's a problem with windows xp

Umm, I have no such setting for the TV out, do you have any other idea on how to turn it on??

It's still not working, I e-mail the company that made it (Albatron) they will be able to help me hopefully

I'm positive, it says right on the box, how would I be bale to tell if it's a TV in?

Originally posted by catch23
the video out is going to be a black port, similar to a PS2 port...a video in will be yellow, and a single (female) hole
The "PS/2" is SVHS and the small yellow one is composite video. It has nothing to do with in or out. Though if it were in I believe it would have a BNC like connector for the antenna signal. So this card is probably a TV-out card.

Goatman: Have you checked under the Geforce4-tab? Under Advanced? Do you have the latest detonator drivers?

it will if the guy has the wrong cable setup :)

ive got tv-out on my 2mx, i got a small cable with the card which plugged into the S-VHS on the gfx card - at the end of the short cable, there was a composite adapter (yellow female) which i plugged a normal composite extension cable to it (was bout a fiver for a 10m gold plated plug cable from my local tv&video shop) and then because I have a scart socket and I wanted the sound from my pc on the tv too, I got a scart plug (which has the yellow, red and white AUX plugs on it) and set it to "input" - plugged in the composite cable to the yellow socket, and also got a cable which converted the normal sound card plug (is it 0.5mm or somethin?) to the aux plugs. I turned the tv onto the scart channel, and turned the pc on.

then u go into device settings or something (cant remember offhand) and u will get the choice of setting up the monitors/screens - you will be able to enable tv-out there. make sure u go right into the TV and not through a video, cuz the macrovision (i imagine its that) on the gfx card kicks off and it wont work (which is a shame cuz I wanted to make a vid a long time ago of all possible tricks on q2 cuz i was actually a good player at it (a long time ago lol))

gl

Look at this attachment Goatman. Does your card list this? When I 1st installed drivers for my g2 (the ones that came on the CD), I didn't get a device selection just like I saw in your screenshot. Maybe I didn't set it up right at 1st, but everything was fine except the TV out (like you).

I installed a set of detonator drivers over top and then got the TV as a selection. This might be like comparing apples to oranges cause I've got a G2 Ti, but I thought I'd add it here just in case.

BTW, I run a 20' composite to my VCR and then through to the TV w/o a problem. That's straight from the composite jack on my card though. If I use the dongle (adapter) for the s-video with that same composite cable, the color does get washed out a bit, but it works through the VCR too.

VCR on, set to channel 4 (option on back), input set to "video 2"
TV on, set to channel 4.

ARGH! this making me angry, it's a TV Out, it came with one of those S-Video to Composite cables, I still can't figure out what's wrong with it. I e-mail the company, I will see what they say, I did install the new Dets too.

horay!! I got is working!! and all it took was a Flash of the Card's BIOS. not I just have to figure out all the little quirks with it, but it'll be perfect once I get it working just fine, thanx everyone for you help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back