gef 4 speed = gef 2 mx speed ?

B

Burly

In the beginning of the week I bought myself a Abit Siluro Gef 4 ti 4200.
Nice card wich OC's without any problem to 315 / 550 ( haven't tried more ).
So I was pretty pleased. I ran 3D mark : 5500. So I was still pleased.
But then I after some more tweaking and getting the 3d mark to 5900

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4187722

I got bored and decied to play quake 3. I used to get a littel less then 125 fps with my tweaked cfg. Now I was getting the same. Almost 125 fps most of the time but lotst of drops to 70 like with my gef 2 mx.
I thought it might have been the config so I make a new one and max everything out on 1024* and I still get like 70-80 fps. I turn on quicunx and I stell get about the same , wierd. Then I turn down everything really low and my fps rises maybe 10 fps tops ?? I've tried lots of others games too , SoF II gives me about the same lousy framedrops that make it unplayable. And UT2K3 still gives me the **** 20-30 fps on the big maps with some bots.

So that's my problem , except for 3dmark I've gained almost no speed at all except in quake 3 high detail. There must be something wrong but I can't find it , I've tried playing with GeforceTweakUtility , I've done a format and I switched to tons of drivers but nothing seems to help.

For my system specs you can look at the 3dmark link.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Well , what can I say , you're not playing daily with 3Dmark , as nobody does & over 60frames human eyes " cannot detect " . If everything works fine you shouldn't be worry ...

only 5900 with a geforce 4 ti 4200? i get 6400 with my geforce 3 ti 200 at stock speeds

LOW SCORE THERE FOR G4

I GOT 4500 ODD WITH MY G-RORCE 2 ULTRA WITH ATLON 1.4 THUNDRBIRD AND ASUS 266 BOARD.

THEN A NEW ASUS A7A333 AND ATHLON XP2000 I GOT 5500 ODD.

WITH NEW G-FORCE 4 TI 4600 I GET 1050 ODD.

ALL ABOVE STILL RUN WITH 512MEG OF 266DDR RAM CL2.5,WILL IMPROVE WHEN I GET 512 OR 1MEG OF 333DDR RAM CL2.0.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS LOCK I NEVER NOTICED TILL TOO LATE.

YEa but my system specs are much lower. And if I could play everything without any problems I wouldn't complain but Sof II and UT2K3 don't run all that smooth. And I like it without any extreme framedrops. Wich I should be able to.

P.S.
My pc:
P3 800@876
256 133Mhz ram
30 GB 7200rpm HD

What's the wattage of your power supply? Because I was going to get a gf4 ti4200 or 4400, but many of the manufacturers state that you should have 300w minimum, to run the card. I believe it still works even if you have lower, but I think it's possible that that might have something to do with your framerates. Anyone else know anything about this?

I really don't think so. If the PSU is too "small" you can get all kinds of funky errors, but not lower framrates. Doesn't work that way (unless they've made it that way, which I really doubt).

The GPU isn't getting enough current going through it...

at one point it may get a huge surge then drop down etc... this could very well damage your video card... so be careful...

Cosmin: If your eyes cannot see over 60 frames then lets see you set your monitor refresh rate to 60... Then set it to 75... tell me which one is more comfortable to the eyes?

Your eyes welcome high frames...

i can tell a difference between 60 fps and 70fps, maybe even more. Im pretty sure most ppl can tell the diff between 60fps and higher fps's.

Hmmm , so wich is it , can it only damadge it or does it also slow down if it doesn't get enough current ?

It does both

get a new PSU... they're cheap

at least 350watts

Originally posted by mbunny
It does both
No it does not slow down the framrate. How could it?

The only damage that can be dealt is if you get faulty data because of the voltage drop (a 1 becomes a 0 somewhere). Or a surge resulting in a spike. But that's bad enough.

lol....poor u and ur PoS box with a 'holy' gf4

me and my 900 dollar system(yes...only 500 more than ur gfx card) pull out a mad 8496 w/ omega drivers, or a 8564 with catalyst 2.2s

waaa....wine about it, also....

about ur problems....what sorta chip u got that makes such a sad score, a dorito...d00d....1800+ is down near 100 dollars now, and a good ddr mobo AND 512 pc2100 can be obtained for about 200...so...for the cost of ur gfx card you can pimp out ur box and for only a 100 or so more u cooda had a radeon 9000 to go along with it

Edit Reason: That last comment was not needed

Perhaps your processor/ram are bottlenecking your system? I dunno, I'm a retard who doesn't even know how to increase core voltage so don't listen to me.

you'll run into problems with a low wattage power supply. depending on what you run, you can get random reboots and worse problems. you should have at least a 300+ wattage PSU.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back