Ge Force 4 TV out

N

Narcissus

I have my computer set up so i can play games on a large screen TV, everything is fine, Windows all games etc are displayed on the TV as i have it set to Clone, but when i try to play a video with windows media the video only apears on my monitor, tjhe actual windows media window is displayed on the TV, but its just blank where the video is supposed to be playing?

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanx :)

I experienced this same problem.. Heres what you do... If your running Windows Media Player 8 or 9 click tools, options, performance and under video acceleration lower it until it shows up on the screen. For some reasons DVDs wont show up on tv at all. If you want to use Media Player 6.4 you will have to lower the hardware acceleration in the display properties.

I have the exact same setup.... I have S-Video out on my Geforce 4 and a S-Video to RCA converter in the video in on my vcr and rca audio cables also... pretty cool.. i can download movies off kazaa and copy them to vhs

If you can, try changing your TV to be the primary display when playing media files and see if that works. That's what I have to do for my ATI card.

ya but if u do that ur computer screen cuts out and its a pain in the ass to change back because its harder to read the menus on the tv screen cuz the resolution is lower

Quantum, i never had that problem with my GeForce card. Usually if i would set my TV as the primary display to watch movies and stuff on it, i would be able to watch movies on the TV, but wouldn't be able to see the movie on the monitor.

I posted a fix on this subject a while ago have a read HERE it may be of some help too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back