Gateway MA3 Laptop wireless does not pickup network

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

My friends laptop, a Gateway MA3 laptop which is a newer model, is having some wireless networking issues. Previously here at the firehouse he was able to connect to our wireless network. The wireless network is being given from a Linksys WRT54G Router. It is set to broadcast the SSID, and the security is MAC Address filtering. It used to work previously, but one day it just stopped detecting the network. It will detect other wireless networks without issue, but it just has a problem picking up the network here. Even if he is sitting next to the router, he is unable to even see the network.

Any ideas on where I can start with this? This is definitely a laptop issue.

Thanks!

Is the SSID being broadcast still? Can other laptops connect to it without issue? Did his wireless card change, altering his MAC address? Did his entry get deleted from the MAC address table in the router? Can he manually enter the SSID and whatever key is necessary (if applicable) and connect?

Is the SSID being broadcast still? Can other laptops connect to it without issue? Did his wireless card change, altering his MAC address? Did his entry get deleted from the MAC address table in the router? Can he manually enter the SSID and whatever key is necessary (if applicable) and connect?

Hehe yeah I already mentioned that KCNY, the SSID is being broadcast. He is the only laptop that cannot connect to the network. His wireless card did not change, and even if it had I don't see why it wouldn't be able to see the network, he just wouldn't be able to connect. Plus I don't think I would be as bad to allow a change like that to go undocumented. :) Actually, I need to thank you also! You just reminded me that one of the guys at the firehouse brought up 2 wireless cards to try with his laptop, since he works for Comcast... I forgot all about it since they were stored away.

His entry definitely is still in the MAC table. I have to check about entering the SSID manually, if I do recall I believe that I have attempted to do that already without success.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back