Gamespy Arcade

Friend of Bill

What, me worry?
Downloaded it and ran Pest Patrol and guess what, it found two pieces of spyware. Why turn us on to something that contains spyware?:mad:

We didn't "turn" you onto it, the front page news is merely stating there is a new release of a piece of software that a lot of people (and therefore possibly some of our members) use.

Although, now that you have bought this to our attention, perhaps someone else could check it out and possibly even amend the front page?

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Very well. I thought everything was first run through the QA department.:)
In this case that was you. :p

Did the program still run OK after deleting the spyware?

That'll be paranoia then :)

Lets start at the top:

countries.ini - contains a list of countries and their abbreviation.
GSAPak.exe - used to update GSA from html or other programs to add support for new games.
pw32.dll - an RTpatch componant, needed for the auto updater function in GSA.

GSA does contain adverts if you are not a registered user, but I very much doubt it is spying on you!

In response to Hipster D... yes, deleted to respective "spy" files and the program does run fine.

NP. Most people that I game with use ASE. There's no adware included. You can use it unregistered but the only drawback is that if the master servers are busy it reserves bandwidth for registered users and you get some msg stating its scanning servers 'the old way'. Plus you only get to add 4 users to your buddy list.

Here's another FREE server browser with now spyware/adware:
KQuery

I installed ASE the other day and not many people seem to Play MOHAA :(

So i just to use GameSpy but when i Scaned for Spware dont seem to find any:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back