Games + XP + Nvidia +AMD = Crash

It didn't, I was either gonna go with an ATi Radeon 8500 or that Ge-Force 4, got the Ge-Force 4 because the guys at the PC shop let me take $25 off the price of $175.

In my oppinion the GeForce 4 is a better choice anyway - its alot more compatable with alot more of games... well, so i have heard

if you havent anything less than a geforce 3, then its a good upgrade for a ge4. otherwise, you should wait til the fall and the new nvidia card (fyi. it wont be called a geforce 5)

no crashes here,running a gef3 ti 2/450 and xp home,have been
for 3 months and luvin it!:p

hmmm

Games = Popular
XP = Latest thing out, the thing everyone must get
NVidia = were/are best GFX cards round, so very popular
AMD = Cheap n fast again very popular

so thinking bout it, I'm willing to bet the reason there seems to be so much trouble with that combination is the fact that most people have a system like that

i can't run harldy any games at all. I can't run jedi knight 2 or Red Alert 2 which are 2 of my favorite games.

My specs are
Athlon Xp1700+
MSI KT266 Board
Geforce 2 Mx 400
Soundblaster Live X-Gamer
Linksys Nic

I've tried more driver combinations than you can shake a stick at. I have probs with Win2k and WinXP so i don't know that the prob can be attributed to the OS.:mad:

Originally posted by shorty420
i can't run harldy any games at all. I can't run jedi knight 2 or Red Alert 2 which are 2 of my favorite games.

My specs are
Athlon Xp1700+
MSI KT266 Board
Geforce 2 Mx 400
Soundblaster Live X-Gamer
Linksys Nic

I've tried more driver combinations than you can shake a stick at. I have probs with Win2k and WinXP so i don't know that the prob can be attributed to the OS.:mad:

I tried a working GF2 mx200 in my machine, and it wouldn't even post. Worked fine in two other Win 98 systems. Maybe there are issues with them and 2000/XP. There were GF3 errors for a long time, so you never know.
Regarding JK2, did you try the new patch? I couldn't play in MP for the longest time and EAX wouldn't work, due to my damn dual Athlons. The new 1.03 patch from the official site www.jedioutcast.com seems to have resolved all my issues. You should have plenty of comp to run JK2, unless you've got 32mb of ram or something. lol.
Do you get infinite loop errors, crashes, or just poor performance? I've experienced most of these problems as well, the 28.32 Detonator driver was my saviour. Try if you haven't already. Hope that helps shorty. Good luck.

:confused:

being a little yorkshire man ????? wots a lol ???
I see it's used quite a lot by the geezers over the water ???

tssk tssk

hmm maybe the original poster should've done some research before he/she said "AMD+XP+GAMES+NVIDIA = CRASH"

i have exactly this and i am fine :D

AMD Athlon Slot A 756 Argon, 700mhz
256mb SDRAM @ 133mhz
Leadtek Winfast 32mb GeForce 2 Pro
Windows XP Professional
Creative SoundBlaster Live! Value
Realtek RTL8139 NIC
12x NEC DV-5700a
20gb Western Digital 7200rpm
19" Gateway VX900

i'm running winxp pro and have an amd athlon 1.2, plus an nvidia geforce2. i have zero probs with games!

down with wintel! :)

Originally posted by fatboy

Laugh Out Loud. lmao.

XP Pro
AMD Athlon 1GHz
nVidia GeForce 2 Ti
NFS3
Max Payne
Giants
RA2

Number of crashes 4
No games running
Reason for crash dodgy IBM hard luck drive

Im running Win XP Pro and play lots of games, have a AMD XP 1800 and for about 8 months had a Geforce 2. I never had any problems..... :D

try this

try and load and play civilization III. It will open up a whole new world of problems. My civ III hasn't played in 2 weeks. I'm about ready to wipe the slate clean and try again. :(

i've built 4 pc's so far, everyone of them based around AMD and
Nvidia ,not one has crashed due games or anything else!

Originally posted by fatboy

Crash course:

lol - Laugh out loud
rofl - Rolling on floor laughing
lmao - laughing my a** off
roflmao - rolling on floor laughing my a** off

See my specs in my signature. :D

Everything's fine when playing games. Lovely, even though I don't use the latest card. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back