games die in the middk\ of it

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
games die in the middk\\ of it

ok i ahve had this problem on a few of my games including, RA2, yuris revenge, warcraft 3, diablo 2, and die hard, when i am playing the game it will just close right out of it and go to the desktop or it will say that there is an invalid kernal or that there is a oage fault in a nonpaged area. can anyone help me???

May need to format and reload, or it may be bad memory, or a number of other things. That's not a problem thats gonna be solved without doing some diagnosing........

Can you get your DirectX panel out (DXDIAG) and do some checking with that and post results??

Is the fan on your vid card operating and clean??

Also, please post some system spec so that we can get an idea of your hardware......;)

ok
my sys specs are

amd athlon 1ghz
30gb at 72,000rpm (main)
40 gb at 72,000 (storage)
896 mb of ram 133mhz
64mb nvidia gforce 2 mx 200
audigy x-gamer

direct x stuff
no problems found bydriect x

If you are using an nVidia video card, you need to uninstall nView.

How to uninstall nView:

Download This file www.geocities.com.bobownzjoo/nv4_disp.inf
download the 29.42 drivers and save them somewhere
right click on the .exe and extract the files to a folder (dont install them)
Move the new .inf to the folder with the extracted files
Now, goto control pannel>>>add/remove programs and remove the NVidia 2000/XP display drivers
Restart Computer
WinXP will detect the new hardware, when the wizard asks for what drivers to use, choose manual selection. locate the folder where you extracted the files, and select the .inf
nView is now non-existant. If you want, you can goto your \Windows\System32 folder and remove all nView associated .dlls, but you dont have to. This should fix your problem, and if it doesnt, pesky nView is gone

thanks i am going to see if that works

but some times in the game i will get a blue screen saying that there is a:
page fault in a nonpaged area

what is that and how do i fix it???

Yes i know what you are talking about, i had a similar problem with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD. I was told that was due to a problem with the RAM. I later discovered that nView was the cause of the RAM issue. Removing nView fixed the problem for me.

Originally posted by canadian_divx
ok
my sys specs are

amd athlon 1ghz
30gb at 72,000rpm (main)
40 gb at 72,000 (storage)
896 mb of ram 133mhz
64mb nvidia gforce 2 mx 200
audigy x-gamer

direct x stuff
no problems found bydriect x

just to point something out FYI, there is no way in hell your drives spin at 72,000 rpm. i'm sure you mean 7200 rpm :D

yea it did work thanks for your help and thanks for a friend pointing out that miss spell

I want to buy a 72,000 RPM HDD too... mine is only a poopy 7200 :( you are an uber good... I bow down to thy computer HDD's prowess at spinning and spinning FAST...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back