Games at 1280x1024

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
is there any application that I can use which will allow me to use 1280x1024 res in a game which only supports 1280x960. It just annoys me that I have a monitor capable of 1280x1024 and because some games only go up to 1280x960 and my TFT monitor doesnt support that resolution at all

Wouldn't playing a game at a resolution it's not made for cause distortion?

well I wouldnt mind if it just stuck some black bars at the edge as long as I could have the rest in high res

uhm obvios question - why did you buy a monitor that's native resolution is non-standard? thats just dumb :D

LordOfLA said:
uhm obvios question - why did you buy a monitor that's native resolution is non-standard? thats just dumb :D
It seems a fair few TFT manufacturers made their 17" monitors (and possibly other sizes) in a 5:4 ratio rather than the standard 4:3. Everything should be 16:10 anyway, but that's another matter all together :D

uhm obvios question - why did you buy a monitor that's native resolution is non-standard? thats just dumb

I have a monitor capable of 1280x1024 and some games only go up to 1280x960 and my TFT monitor doesnt support that resolution at all

Read again , LordOfLA ;)

I've not seen this problem, but I would be inclined to drop the game down to 1024x768 and hopefully the game's company may support your native res in a future patch :)

all 17" and 19" desktop LCD panels are 1280x1024. so it is 'standard', 1280x960 is 'non-standard' even though it complies with the 4:3 which virtually every other resolution uses (640x480 through to 2048x1536). And i do agree with speedy_b, 16:10 owns all of them :)

yeah 16:10 rules, as does 8:5 but my monitors native res is 1280x1024 and I could care less about things looking "squashed" or "warped" cause even if you have a 4:3 res on your output people usually mess with the vertical and horizontal width on their monitors so the whole argument is stupid anyway.

The game I was having this issue with was C&C: Generals
simple fix was opening the options.ini file in the folder it makes in your Documents folder and changing the "Resolution" line to read
Resolution = 1280 1024
now all is fine, it runs in 1280x1024 mode without any problems. The game itself just doesnt offer this resolution setting in its Options interface.

Geffy said:
The game I was having this issue with was C&C: Generals
simple fix was opening the options.ini file in the folder it makes in your Documents folder and changing the "Resolution" line to read
Resolution = 1280 1024
now all is fine, it runs in 1280x1024 mode without any problems. The game itself just doesnt offer this resolution setting in its Options interface.
Thats very interesting. Nice "hack". :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back