Gamers Mouse?

vern said:
To those with the MX1000 ... I know it might be all nice to glorify it because after all you have it, and you've had great experience with it, but that doesn't take away from the FACT that other people have had problems with it. That doesn't take away from the FACT that it wasn't meant to be Logitech's gaming mouse. It might be a great mouse in and of itself, but what was asked was gaming mice and the MX1000 is not a gaming mouse.

What are you talking about, IT IS logictec's gaming mouse! My MX1000 will out perform any wired mouse on the market, I should know, I have owned them.

maybe they aint sorted out the mx1050 gaming mouse yet :p

i reckon its all just a money making ploy anyhow

15£ more for the gamin pro super leet version, in RED!

etc :)

vern said:
Why don't you have a look-see at Logitech's site.

EDIT: Better yet, I'll give you a direct link:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/SG/EN,crid=2287

Their entire product line:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/home/SG/EN,CRID=17

Notice how they differentiate Gaming and Mice?

I stand corrected vern on that point, I would have sworn that on my MX1000 box it stated gaming mouse, but it doesn't.

But as I have owned the MX510 before I upgraded to the MX1000, I can say with full confidence that the MX1000 by leaps and bounds out performs the MX510 "gaming mouse" by at least a factor of 10! It makes other gaming mice look like a track and ball mouse by comparison. And I don't have a dumb cord getting in the way.

LordofLA makes a great point. And the great part is it won't cost you a thing to. Go buy the MX1000, if it is not the best mouse you have ever used, return it to the store tell them it doesn't work, and pick out some other mouse. Then come back and trash talk all you want. When your done trash talking, I encourage you DL the free FPS Americas Army, so I can use my MX1000 to kick the crap out of you all over the battlefield. My AA id is -=K.L.O=-Maveric.

Oh man I gottta get on that game again! After visiting a few places where you needed to register and/or pay, I found this free dlhost: http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/14094

Maveric, do you know how often they clean out users? I have an old one that has completed all the training courses(that were available at the time) and have good points, but I recon it's about 2 years old..

Ooohh, it's still there!!

Name Helmer
Experience 7439
Honor 12
Experience Required For Next Level 561
Marksmanship Score 30
Created 01/01/2000 00:00:00 AM
Last Updated 01/04/2005 00:00:00 AM

Dunno if that's good stats at this time, I recon I played the game a bit - Anyways, not that I ever trashed the MX1000 mouse, I'll keep an eye out for you on the battlegrounds Maveric :smoker:

I have read lots of reviews on this because I thought about buying one myself. My friend DID buy one and had these problems. If you buy one, then you take the risk of getting a faulty product and having to deal accordingly.

edit by Geffy - removed references to a deleted post

First time I'm seeing such a heated discussion about a....mouse.
rofl.gif

Carry on...but refrain from personal attacks, please.

I had an MX1000 and it was one of the bad ones :( I will wait longer for them to work it out. But when it did work I LOVED IT. It was smooth, nice feel, clean looking, battery meter was great, and the batts have a long life, the response time is great. I just wish mine wasn't bad.

Hehe.. Aprox, I think that's the risk we have to take every time we buy a piece of hardware.

Very True, but more so with a product that has been documented by multiple sources to have a possibility of being bad. I am not saying it isnt a good mouse... it just may have *some* issues. Personally I might buy that razor you guys were talking about earlier, it looks very cool.

I recently got a MX-1000 and the HARDWARE is great. Like said above; the mouse feels great, is very responsive, has that kewl batt. meter and the batteries worked for 15 days straight after the initial 2h charge...

But the software is CRAP. I'm sorry, but it is. It's slows down my pc, gives me errors on logon, taskbar appears like 2 minutes after I typed my password and my mouse isn't detected... [isn't detected by Setpoint, Windows detects it just fine], and the KEM.exe process must be manually stopped on system shutdown [task manager -> processes -> end task], otherwise my computer stays on.

I use the mouse without the software so I can't use the wheel to scroll horizontally, and I can't use the Alt-Tab replacement button.

Ow, and it is a great gaming mouse. It performs very well in RavenShield and HL2. Those are the only games I play...

Ow, and Logitech Tech Support sux too btw. I called them, and they promissed me that they would call back in 24 to 48 hours. That was like a week ago I think. If they can't find anything to help me out, I would still like them to call me just to tell me so ...

Got a lil' carried away here... Anyways, good mouse, ****ty software. IMHO.

DONT GET A MX1000 period

It is a horrible mouse for gaming. I had it and took it back in 5 mins later. When you pick the mouse up to tunr real quick it loses traction.

Some of you folks must be doing some crazy things with your mice to have the problems stated. I have never had a single problem with mine. Not 1.

And just on a side note if you got a bad piece of hardware (ie mouse, vid card, mobo, etc) why would you just up and say it is crap instead of taking it back and exchanging it? I need to open a comp parts store and start selling some you people stuff, I would make a killing!

AudioSlayer said:
When you pick the mouse up to tunr real quick it loses traction.

could you explain that to me like I'm a 2 year old? What do you mean by traction?

[EDIT]
Ok, loses traction = stops responding

There are some mice that have that problem. From what I read about it, it is hardware related. It's posted somewhere on Logitech forums that if you get a MX1000 with a serial number starting with something (check the forums for that) you won't have that problem. I suppose it was the first generation of MX1000... My mouse does not have that problem, it reacts instatly after the laser touches the desk surface (approx. 0.5cm above the desk)
[/EDIT]

It takes a while to get use to it, becouse my MX1k reacts even when lifted from the desk surface for about 0.5cm. Optical mice stop reacting when you lift it for bout 1-2 mm... That's better for gaming, IMHO, coz everyone picks his mouse up ... That was a real problem when moving in FPS's...

BUT I just set the mouse sensitivity higher so I can make a whole turn with one hand movement. The mouse has a great resolution, and it is more responsive and more precise then my optical mouse. If you gave it a 5 minutes trial, I'm not surprised you took it back. I thought it was sh1t for gaming too @ first, but now I'm loving it...

Another point I forgot to mention is that the MX1000 is much lighter (in my experience) then other wireless mice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back