Gameport problems

N

niabi

Hello, i seem to have run into a litle problem here, a few days back i had to reinstall my windows XP because of a HD crash, now my Sidewinder Gamepad does not work, it allways show as Not connected, i did a lot of searching and i found out that maybe the problem was that my Creative Game port was not configured on I/O Range 200x-2xxx or something like that so they say to change it manually, but the problem is that windows XP does not let me do that, is there a way to do it?

before the crash the gamepad was working fine!

i've tried reinstalling the drivers, changing the card of PCI slot, and normal things, but still cannot change it :(

any help will be apreciated.

my system is a
1.2 g AMD athlon
256 meg ram
SB audigy EX
Sidewinder Game Pad 1.0 (not USB)
Windows XP Pro

TIA

nIabI

I had this with my muse xl soundcard and sidewinder ffb pro. u got the same driver as b4 ?.

also u got any yellow ?'s in device manager ?

Yes same drivers, no yellow ? on device manager, like i said the problem acording to MS is on the IO range but i can't seem to find a way to change it :(

nIabI

wild guess but u could try putting the sound card in a diffrent PCI slot. otherwise i dunno cus my problem was driver based :(

tried all of the PCI slots :(

i am getting frustrated.

Thanks anyways :)

ok after i reinstalled the system the game pad worked fine, that was before i installed either the Nvidia or the SB Audigy drivers ! i am gettin so f**** frustrated about this.

i narrowed down to either that, but ven if i do a suystem restore I CANOT get it to work again :(

Any help will be apreciated!

nIabI

Huh... I just bought a Logitech stick for a reason that doesn't
pertain to this thread, but I couldn't get XP to see it when
I used it via my SB Audigy gameport either. It picked it up
instantly when I plugged it into my USB port though...

The weird thing is, XP saw my Sidewinder, gameport, stick
without any problem.

If I find a solution, I'll let you know.

damn it, i am now sooo mad i found out the problem, the whole problem resides on my DSL USB modem!!!! :( can youy belive that, i guess something happends when the Alcatel Speedtouch USB ADSL RFC1483 network emulator gets installed, that makes my gameport go nuts ! :( i installed the latest drivers no luck :(

if anybody know why this happends please let me know!!!

Thanks
nIabI

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back