gameport problems

mick42

OSNN Addict
I have just installed a philips 604 sound card,that went ok,upgraded drivers ok but in device manager there is a yellow q mark against gameport(under other devices).Any ideas anyone.

Mick.

System specs would help.

Does your motherboard have a built in gameport? if it does go into your BIOS and turn it off.

Specs

Abit KT7A mobo
Athlon XP 2000+ cpu
40Gb HDD
GeForce 2MX/MX 400 graphics card(Nvid 29.42 drivers)
Philips 604pci sound card
Pioneer dvd rom
Btc 48x16x48 rewriter
Microsoft cordless wheel mouse
Logitech cordless keyboard
Relisys 17" monitor
56K HCF data/fax modem
HP 695c printer.

I only upgraded/tried another sound card in the first place bacause i was having intermittent crashes playing MOHAA and thought it might be s/c problems,but that is another issue.

Mick.

Can you tell me what the error code is on the device, it should say in the device manager, just right click on the device in question and choose properties. It should give an error code in the device status box.

No error code

There is no error code,it says device working properly,location on PSC604 PCI Audio Device,Manufacturer Unknown,Device Type Unknown.Also no drivers loaded.Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mick.

Well in that case, try this: open device manager, right click on the gameport select properties, now click on the driver tab and click the update driver button. Check the install from a list or specific location radio button and click next. Now check the search removable media box, and put the Driver disk that came with your sound card in the drive and click next. Hopefully it will find the right driver.

Gameport problem

Tried that,still no luck,tried uninstall,reinstall with both drivers from disc and updated drivers from Philips,still the same result,new audio device detected,new gameport detected,press cancel to install philips drivers,sound card ok but no drivers for gameport,went through add new hardware thing, even when it asks to connect to internet to find suitable drivers,it reports back that it could not find any.Strange one this,perhaps I am doing something simple wrong that I just can`t see.

Mick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back