Gamepad Dillemma

sammy5gs

Ignorance Defined
Alright... I have been chugging along with a Gravis Gamepad Pro (USB) for a few years now. I have been struggling with needing to upgrade, because even though I am partial to the 4-button controller, I would like force feedback, more control. With that said, I have tried some out there:

1 - Gravis Eliminator Rumblepad - Did not like the design, and do not like the analog sticks on the top part of the pad. REturned it.

2 - Sony PS2 Controller w/USB Adapter - Not bad actually. Benefit was I got the force feedback, although still maintaining the number of buttons my Gamepad Pro has. Only negative was that ugly ass adapter I got to hook up to my rig.

3 - Logitech Wingman (wireless/rumblepad) - Did not like the 6-button control.

4 - Microsoft Sidewinder - Nope. Hated it.

5 - Belkins - Don't like the design.

So that leaves me to my dillemma. I am so used to the Gravis GamePad Pro, but I want force feedback. I am also wanting to maintain the 4-button action, a la PS2. My gaming is primarily focuesed on sports (Madden, NBA, MVP), with GTA Vice City, Hitman 2, etc, etc. I don't do FPS (get dizzy, but that's for another day).

Any thoughts/recommendations? I have began looking into those Saiteks with 4 buttons (although they have 2 extra buttons on the side making it look like 6-buttons), but I am wary of being disappointed again.

I guess in a perfect world, I would like to get something that resembles a PS2 controller without the need for an adapter. Anywho, it may be a pipe dream, but I thought I would ask the masses.

Also, for those that mention the Keyboard/Mouse setup, all respect, as I use those solely in AVP2, Warcraft III, Freedom Fighters, Max Payne 2, etc, etc. This post is strictly regarding gamepads, and what the opinions may be.

can i ask what adapter you used for your ps2 controller, sammy? you said it was good, right? i want to get one. thanks.

are you selling yours maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back