Gamecube over a Video Card

Gamecube
Its designed for games, no blue screens, you get a nice controll pad, easy multiplayer, modem/eth0 upgrades available for online gaming in the future, the graphics are nice, you dont need to constantly upgrade the drivers, the new model wont be out next week... it has some life in it, there wont be a bigger and better version with more memory released tommorow, it wont cause you any hassle, ITS PURPLE/BLACK!, its a cube, top top quality games. :)

What does a vid card have, nowt.
Computer hardware's nothing but hassle :p

Gamecube cuz I don't play games on my PC :)

I just got one about 3 weeks ago

DM wants GC just to play Metriod Prime :p
GC costs around $150 I think it's cheap so get it first and when you the prices of new 3d cards go down buy one( G-force FX :happy: )
I prefer to get GC I don't care about the quality of graphics I prefer the quality of the game play. as long as my old geforce 2 runs everything then I am happy with it :)

I have Metriod Prime :)

I must say the SNES version (Super Metriod) is much better.

I just don't like the fact that it's a FPS now. I would have paid for a Side Scroll game if they made it.

Even so it's a great game. They put lots of the old school stuff back in.

depends on followin id buy vid card but i have a GC lol

1.is your vid card still good as in 32mb or better Geforce class card
2.wich would you rather play games on
3.do you need vid card for things you want to play on PC

those things should help ya

GC is a nice console i love it actually good controler and nicely built.

Stircrazy
GC is a nice console i love it actually good controler and nicely built.
I think the controller has to be the strangest thing to get used to, nice once you've used it for a while tho ;)
Can't beat the Dreamcast controller for comfort tho.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Octopus
DM wants GC just to play Metriod Prime :p
GC costs around $150 I think it's cheap so get it first and when you the prices of new 3d cards go down buy one( G-force FX :happy: )
I prefer to get GC I don't care about the quality of graphics I prefer the quality of the game play. as long as my old geforce 2 runs everything then I am happy with it :)

nonono i got a gc 3 weeks ago beat Metroid Prime,a nd all the other series, and got 2 more games resident evil, and etnernal darkness.
I was just askinjg this question because of what people think abotu it. If i had made a right choice.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I think the controller has to be the strangest thing to get used to, nice once you've used it for a while tho ;)
Can't beat the Dreamcast controller for comfort tho.

Yeah i know I still love my dreamcast too lol and has good controller only thing i hated was controls for FPS games on DC they sucked lol had UT and SOF on pc so i said yeah they are cool ill get em for DC then it just wasnt as much fun lol

Originally posted by Stircrazy
Yeah i know I still love my dreamcast too lol and has good controller only thing i hated was controls for FPS games on DC they sucked lol had UT and SOF on pc so i said yeah they are cool ill get em for DC then it just wasnt as much fun lol

Cant say i got round to UT on the Dreamcast, i had Quake3 (and quake1 later on :D ), the DC Joypad on quake3 was superb!! but i did later invest in the DC Mouse and Keyboard :happy:

Graphics card. I prefer computer over gaming systems.

Nick M
I prefer computer over gaming systems.

They're too much hassle tho! At least with a GameCube, xBox, PS2 (YECK) or a Dreamcast you can just pop your cd in and play the game.

But I like to tinker!

Game systems are less of a hassle, agreed, but really, I don't have $ to ever buy the games, and on PC you can just nick em off some place for free :)

well the dc clones of the 2 games doesnt match the quality of the PC ones and unfortunatly i got my dc given to mew after the time when they sold kb and mouse so i dont have em lol plent of games tho i wish i did
Quake3 i almost bought a few times but when i played the pc ver i was adicted to UT and well it lost to UT for DC cause i liked it more on pc lol

yeah, naturally the PC versions are gonna kick the DC versions... they wheren't originally made for DC.
Still a damned good play tho :D

Three words.....

Gamecube, Metroid Prime

Nuff said..

gamecube too and metroid prime too. lol this is so weird. i just rented metroid and i see a post about it. :p im addicted to it. its awesome and the loading time isn't mucho. i just realized it loads when you take those elevators to new levels. lol GAMECUBE ROX

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back