Gamcube or radeon 8500?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
What should I get a Gamcube or a Radeon 8500? I'm in a quandary here, so you guys decide for me heh.:D

You best as well forget the 2 and get a GeForce4TI 4600

Otherwise get the radion

No brainer.......unless your a 6 year old. Then go for the cube.....:p

Get the Radeon if you want CRISP graphics and great DVD/video playback. Get the GF4 if you don't care about those things.......

*This is my opinion folks. Don't start.......:rolleyes:

Yep I wish:(, but i'm not about to pay 400 or 300 dollars on that crap!

Where'd ya read that?? Tom's Hardware?.......PFFT:rolleyes:

It's true that the 8500 (any model) can't keep up with a GF4 4600 frame for frame, but look at the price difference. That says a lot. Not everybody has to be the fastest on the block. I like ATI for their Video playback and picture quality. John Carmack seems to think the same........:cool:

Cach what are u talking about, radeon is the newest ATI card! Why is then GeForce 3 Ti faster than Radeon 8500?

Whats the best Radeon 8500 that can out runa Geforce3 TI?

I just brought up the LE for cost comparison.......

Here's something interesting on the 8500 Retail....

And.........

Quake.gif

This WAS one of the close ones. Yes, GF4 does beat Radeon in most tests. Hey, I'm all for nVidia and have enjoyed their products as well, but I just choose the Radeon for reasons I've already mentioned. It's just my opinion, so let's not get flared up over it, ok all??:D

That does say Ti4600 on the bottom, doesn't it??

If you do go with the GF4, then try to get a Gainward from the web. Gainward had repeatedly put out some of the fastest cards on the block...

RADEON

I just love it when all you hear is nvidia thit and that ,,,,,,, the ATI RADEON is a great buy for the $ and the new drivers are great and ATI is working on the new updates much more so than in the past all around the ATI is a better card for the $ and after 30fps NO ONE CAN SEE THE DIFF dont you guys KNOW that your eyes cannot capture anything past 30 fps .......... its all hype and bull smoke and mirriors .......... if you like nvidia great but stop telling granny tales about the ATI's and like we see above the ATI sure does hold its own........and if you know anything at all everyone knows that ATI is on the verge of launching its next generation card that will blow nvidia out of the water ........ anyways in the end its a personal choice to each his or her own..... I say buy the ATI and enjoy a great all around card with beautiful vid playback and better than any nvidia brainwashed groupie will admit game performance ............

Did anyone notice that whenever this topic comes up,the ATI people act kinda defensive?This topic is almost as bad as Intel vs. AMD.

(By the way,Nvidia and AMD rule)

Quote by Detonator: "Did anyone notice that whenever this topic comes up,the ATI people act kinda defensive?"

No, not really? Ever notice how the nVidia people are always bragging? (Probably to compensate for spending too much $$$ and not seeing a real difference in performance, other than bar graphs indicating 3 fps faster with current card):D

ATI Radion 8500 has better visuals compared to nvidia G
Geforce cards. There DVD output is much better.

Geforces are good for the teen gamer. But if your into serious DTP or vid editing the AIW128, cant be beaten. :)

Geforce has the raw speed crown for gaming at the moment..

Quote: "ATI Radion 8500 has better visuals compared to nvidia G
Geforce cards. There DVD output is much better.

Geforces are good for the teen gamer. But if your into serious DTP or vid editing the AIW128, cant be beaten.

Geforce has the raw speed crown for gaming at the moment.."

Well said!

OK catcher how many frames past 30 does your brain catch?? ........ and as always it was the nvidia groupies that started trashing ATI ...... all I said was to each his or her own and that for the $ ATI was a better deal ( only a few $ diff) no try almost 2x the cost for the nvidia ...............

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back