Gainward GeForce3 Ti200 problems.

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
A friend of mine just upgraded to XP. Each time he loads up the lastest drivers 22.50's. He system locks during Welcome splash screen. So after an fresh install he loaded up the 21.83's drivers. The system doesn't lock, but he can't run 3dBenchmark, or he can't play RTCW. In RTCW he can watch the intro movie, but when he goes plays the game is locks or kicks him back to the desktop. His system is 900 Mhz T-bird, SBLive, 256 pc133 ram.

Try the 23.12s which should come up on windowsupdate site, under drivers.

stuy_b

He tried those. But haven't tried from a fresh install. Same lock ups.

Is your friends system motherboard VIA or Intel based?

If VIA, make sure he has the latest AGP drivers and system files.

If Intel, make sure he has Intel Application Accelerator, and system files too.

stuy_b

He is running VIA and he did have the 4.27 4 in 1 drivers. Isn't the AGP in those?

nver do an upgrade to xp, always do fresh install.

try 21.85, they work great , 23.11 has terrible memory issues, i havent tested 27.51 yet.
u can get em from here.

http://www.3dnews.ru/download/drivers/nvidia/

u donot need to go to all that trouble of reformating, it is not necassary, xp controls ur irqs, leave the pci slot, right under the agp slot free, it hogs pci band width...the 21.83, wont work on rtcw, because i beleive it doesnt have open gl , ud have to get a seperate, gl driver. install the via 4 in 1, the latest version is 4.37, not 4.27. u can also try changing you agp from 4x to 2x. but since i used those via 4in1 4.37, i ve been runnin like a champ on agp 4x...i know 21.85 and up have open gl support.....and if ur freind upgraded to xp thats a huge nono. do a clean install, and im willing to bet all those issues will go away.hehe i just read back on your post and saw that he upgraded, so before you look at any thing else do a clean install. u will be glad you did.:rolleyes:

good lord.

cmon, people sharing conflicts, in irqs are a thing of the past. i have my sound card, gforce3, and network card all on irq 9 along the pci steering controller, i have never, had any problems. what u need to be worried about is, the pci bandwidth. all the nvidia
drivers from 23.11 and up overload the pci busses, due to crappy memory allaction. thus creating the pci latency issue. until nvidia gets it right. theres always gonna be someone having issues.
and im sure theres plenty other peices of hardware, like most pci sound cards, that strain the pci bus too. so its not a via issue, as
i have via, and have nver had probs, and freinds of mine that dont have via having problems. all these guys, are all contributing to it in some way. even ati does this. im willing to bet when they come out with that new integrated sound chip, i dont have info on it handy.there will be plenty more pci bandwidth, to give to
the greedy graphics cards. just go look at the measly, pci clock rate. hell they even feel the need to up the agp. i forget is the pci
66mhz, or 33mhz, either way theres the answer to all the damn issues in most cases. if you try to configure your pc so u can manually change irqs, it will cause more problems than its worth,i know this cause i was like everyone, tryin to free irqs in the beginning, and once i disabled acpi, all hell broke lose and i had to format....and let me tell ya as much music and graphics that i do
if i was gonna have a prob i wouldv by now.......the audigy will hog as much if not more than nividia drivers and mine are doing just fine and dandy......there is always an easy way out of these kind of issues, not all but most, aside of fatal errors and such...peace. the major problem for now is lack of kwnoledge, of how to code drivers for xp. its a fact. but it can only get better.so:rolleyes: i just had to say it, loloololol

I had the same problem

Go into DXDiag, and then go to the Display tab and hit the "Test Direct3D" button on the bottom. If it should craps out on the DirectX 8 test, just tap on the Direct3D Acceleration: Disable button. It should pop up a dialog box that says "Direct3D enabled" The Direct3D was actually initially disabled, even though the dxdiag tells you its enabled and all that junk. Don't ask me why, I have no clue.

Hope that helps!

yea

thats a good idea dude, glad someone mentioned that, hehe:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back