GA-7NNXP please tell me your opinions

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Please tell me your thoughts about this board , will be using my Athlon 2700+ for now with my PC3200 400mhz ram ( samsung )

link to board at bottom all input welcome thanks

GA-7NNXP
nForce 2 Ultra400 chipset

Processor
Socket A for AMD AthlonXP / Athlon / Duron processor

Chipset
NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 System Platform Processor (SPP)

Media and Communications Processor - Turbo (MCP-T)

Super I/O: ITE IT8712F chip

Silicon Image sil3112A controller

GigaRAID ATA 133 RAID controller

Intel 82540EM Gigabit LAN chip

Realtek 8100 Ethernet Controller

Realtek ALC650 Audio AC'97 Codec

2 x 4M bit flash ROM

Front Side Bus
400/333/266 MHz FSB

Memory
Type:Dual Channel DDR400/ 333/ 266- 184pin

Max capacity: Up to 3GB by 4 DIMM slots

Internal I/O Connectors
2 x Serial ATA connector

4 x UDMA ATA 133/100/66 Bus Master IDE connectors

1 x FDD connector

1 x USB 2.0/1.1 connectors(support 2 ports)

2 x IEEE 1394 connectors ( supports 3 ports)

S/P DIF input/output pin header

3 x cooling fan pin headers

WOL pin header

CD/AUX in

1 x Game/Midi connector

Expansion Slots
1 x AGP Pro slot (8x/4x-AGP 3.0 compliant, supports 1.5v display card only.)

5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.2 compliant)

1 x DPS slot

Rear Panel I/O
PS/2 Keyboard / Mouse

4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports

2 x RJ45 ports

2 x COM ports

1 x LPT

Audio (1 x Line-in / 1 x Line-out / 1 x Mic) connector

CPU/AGP/DIMM setting
CPU FSB / Multiplier / Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS

AGP Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS

DIMM Voltage / Clock adjustable via BIOS

Power
ATX power connector and ATX 12V connector

Power-off by Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP shut down and switch

Form Factor
ATX form factor

30.5 x 24.4 cm

H/W Monitoring
System health status auto-detect and report by BIOS

Hardware detecting and reporting for case open, power-in voltage, CPU voltage, and fan speed.

BIOS
2x4M bit flash ROM, enhanced ACPI feature for PC98/Win98/Win2000/Me/ CE/XP compliance, Green, PnP, DMI, INT13 (>8.4GB) and Anti-Virus functions

IDE#1~#4, SCSI, LS120, ZIP and CD-ROM bootable

Other Features
EasyTune™4 (support the function of hardware monitoring only)

Suspend to RAM (STR)

Supports USB KB / MS wake up from S3

Bundle Software
Norton Internet Security™

Norton Anti Virus™

Norton™ Personal Firewall

Norton™ Privacy Control

Norton™ Parental Control

Norton™ Spam Alert

GIGABYTE Windows Utility Manager

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Adobe Acrobat e-Book Reader

Driver
nForce2 series system driver

REALTEK audio driver

Intel Pro/1000 CT LAN driver

Realtek LAN driver

Silcon Image Serial ATA driver

GigaRAID IDE RAID driver

USB2.0 driver

http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-7NNXP.htm

I have a Gigabyte board in my other computer (7VRX KT333) and it's as solid as a rock. Be sure to get good ram (Crucial or Corsair, people say get the no name brands, but I've been down that road and my Crucial sticks haven't failed me yet). My computer rarely crashes (and it stays on for weeks on end). The board I believe is shaping up to be a fast Nforce2 board, so I'd say go for it. Most people would say go for the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, either way, you can't go wrong!

gigabyte makes good solid motherboards. They are not the best overclockers around though. But if you want good features, good price and relaibility they are fine. I'm running a GA-7vrxp now. I just missed out on the 333 FSB boards when I bought. :eek:

Cool thanks for input I found a review and it gave me some good insight to my board will pick it up tommorow here is a caption

Conclusions
The long time waiting for the nForce II based motherboard made by Gigabyte has been generously awarded. Users have got an excellent product that at some parameters is superior to the competition. This applies first to the expansion options and some BIOS functions.

Let me list the expansion options once again: dual-channel IDE RAID controller, dual-channel SerialATA controller (with support for RAID), two LAN controllers (one of them being a Gigabit LAN), powerful and of good quality integrated audio, a possibility to plug in smart card readers and support for serial buses USB 2.0 (6 ports) and Firewire (3 ports). Besides, the board offers 4 DIMM slots (instead of 3 like in all the other boards).

During the tests, the board showed excellent stability and performance. Also, its overclocking options are very powerful, and at overclocking results the board is second to none of the competitors' products.

The board has some small shortcomings as well: the only thing worth mentioning is the partial incompatibility with Kingston HyperX PC2700 memory modules.

As for the price, it's pretty high - as much as $170-$175. Anyway, I didn't get the impression that the price was unjustifiably overstated: 7NNXP is a true high-end product offering rich package bundle and powerful functions.

They had this sucker rock solid at 225mhz FSB here is the review

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/gigabyte-7nnxp/

:)

7nnxp....! i'm using it now and so far it perform well + have very good features. The only problem i have is i cant update the bios. if i update the bios, i cant boot up to winxp or even if i can boot, it will restart or bsod. some user r havin the same problem as me and we all had reported to gigabyte but they havent reply.

and other problem is the dual power system (dps). many users reported that with the dps installed, they r havin stability problem.

but overall i quite happy with the board as it have bundle with all good features like sata, gigalan, raid etc.

Well here I am with the G7NNXP and I love it, was a very smooth set-up, WOW what a fantastic package great bundle with all the cables and brackets, it shows this is a high end mobo :D

I think it looks like it's a really good bundle. Althought, I find the Abit IF7-S a little more desirable at the moment.

The NF7-S, based on nForce2 chipset (MCP-T + SPP), supports the latest AMD Athlon XP processors with 200/266/333/400 FSB, and features new dual 400MHz DDR memory controllers that deliver up to a 50% increase in bandwidth. With the nForce2 MCP-T, the APU (Audio Processing Unit) delivers Dolby Digital 5.1 cinematic-quality sound and 3D positional audio to your home PC. By SoundstormTM technology, the NF7-S supports Real-time audio encoding delivering up to 256 simultaneous audio streams makes games and applications come to life. With cutting-edge features and ABIT Engineering, the NF7 series is the ultimate multimedia platform for the world.

Did you mean this one ?

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=6

i like the nf7-s and a7n8x deluxe because they come with high-end eax-capable onboard audio (sounstorm, soundforce, whatever you call it). it's basically better than an audigy.

but nice board, kermit. :cool:

Thanks Taurus , I am very pleased with this board, The Msi K7N2G was also very good , my kids did not complain about getting a nice 2 week old nforce2 dual channel mobo thats for sure :rolleyes:

But I am now seeing that I am gonna have to spend some cash on a super power supply so I am going to start looking around for one , I guess it is like using the battery for a mini austin in a full stretch limo , this board has so many features and I see the difference in the amount of power being drawn from my PS compared to the Msi board , guess 350 watt just aint enough anymore , any suggestions on a good PS ???

i'm using a enermax 350 watts.... thinking of buying a antec 430watts but end up buying the chieftec dragon case which i quite satisfy with it! taking me a whole day to figure what is the problem with my board! it is the stupid 3com ethernet card which i have to put it to another slot...

anyway back to the psu... looks like my psu gonna die soon as everytime i plug an extra case light, all light will be blinking like it is not enough power (and the harddisk sounds like powering down)! so i guess i have to invest money on a better power psu lo!!!

Yes this board needs a solid power supply normal its got to much stuff on it

Well I will tell you my opinion I love it LOLOL

After 8 hours prime95 torture test is still running strong, connected to the net, all kinds of applications running, and sitting rock solid at 200 FSB and 2.4 Ghz :cool:

Suggestion ........ try running your 400 mhz memory @ 333 clock speed.This is recommended by reviewers and gives a better memory performance than running @ 400 clock speed (via bios setting.)
This works on the "7 vaxp" board with almost identical spec.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back