Ga-7dx

H

hecdi

Well, I have a GA-7DX mobo, after installing WIN XP work fine and then it crash with the green light at the case flashing and beeping. Need help!!

GA-7DX
AMD XP 2000+
526 mb PC2100

It works fine for a period of time, but it crashes and the beeping and flashing green light begins. The pc was working fine and never did that before, but I had to reformat the HDD due to some problems with one of the users (messing with files). The heat sink is working properly.

Originally posted by hecdi
How?

you may have to play around with your startup/recovery options :)

it will be in control panel > system > startup recovery I believe.. but it is definitely in SYSTEM... check the tabs for the proper section...

uncheck reboot on error and you should have an option to enable write on error or whatever it says (sry... am on school computer with the control panel disabled... can't tell you what the exact wording is)

once you have done this on error you should be able to view the error report and cut and paste or at least give us the gist of the error in question..

btw.. did you change ANY other settings or were there ANY other errors that caused you to format ?

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

There are three sections: system, security, and application. Since your PC reboots, I would check system, then application for any clues.

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

There are three sections: system, security, and application. Since your PC reboots, I would check system, then application for any clues.

wouldn't one have to enable in control panel to write the event upon a recovery/crash ? or does winxp automatically by default write on occurence of such an event to event viewer ?

Originally posted by Sazar
wouldn't one have to enable in control panel to write the event upon a recovery/crash ? or does winxp automatically by default write on occurence of such an event to event viewer ?

Not sure, I never "enabled" anything, yet it logs all events. That's how I found where some of my odd problems were coming from in the past.

i have a quite similar problem with one of my customer pc... but it did not reboot or hang
his mobo sound keep beeping after playing games for awhile! temps not an issue....
he said running all application like quark, photoshp and 3dmark without any problem but once on a game.... the sound will beeping again! havent check with his pc since he said he will take over here tomoro...
any idea beside of temp?

Well, I just switch the DDR Memory to the second row and "apparently" that fix the problem. Since I couldn't boot up, I was unable to do any of your suggestions. I'v been playing with the pc to find out if is going to do it again. Its been up and running and restarting for about 12 hours now and nothing yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back