G9600 Pro-m

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
I have just bought a G9600 PRO-M graphics card and when i plug it in my comp is dead the power switch does not work or any thing. Am i missing something before i send it back or what

ps my old one works fine when i swap it back

Did you plug in the extra power connector directly from the power supply to the card? There should be an adapter for 4 pin molex to the smaller size connector that is on the top edge of the video card.

Also is your computer power supply big enough? At least 300 W. The new vid cards and processors are power hungry.

its a 550 power supply but the 9600 does not have the power plug any where

Umm, if this is an ATI 9600 chipset based board it should have a small power plug at the top and an adapter cable with it to connect to the bigger 4 pin molex connectors from the power supply.

Do you have the whole name for the card including manufacturer? I'll do a search on it.

Found it. TYAN right. And you are correct I did not see a power connector on the front (component) side of the card. Any on the back side?

BTW Nice heatsink.

EDIT
Never mind, the ATI branded 9600 PRO doesn't have a second power connector visible on the front side either. The ATI card has the holes for a second power connector but none installed. Interesting I thought all of the hot new vid cards needed a second connector. Looks like a bad card.

But just to make sure we say the magic words:

SAZAR HELP! Any comments.

Originally posted by LeeJend
Umm, if this is an ATI 9600 chipset based board it should have a small power plug at the top and an adapter cable with it to connect to the bigger 4 pin molex connectors from the power supply.

Do you have the whole name for the card including manufacturer? I'll do a search on it.

Found it. TYAN right. And you are correct I did not see a power connector on the front (component) side of the card. Any on the back side?

BTW Nice heatsink.

EDIT
Never mind, the ATI branded 9600 PRO doesn't have a second power connector visible on the front side either. The ATI card has the holes for a second power connector but none installed. Interesting I thought all of the hot new vid cards needed a second connector. Looks like a bad card.

But just to make sure we say the magic words:

SAZAR HELP! Any comments.

afaik... the 9600pro should not require an additional power source..

due to utilisation of the 0.13 micron process ati was able to reduce heat and also make the card layout optimal to the extent an external power supply should not be necessary...

even with the traces apparently there for an additional connector... this is not required...

btw kev... what sort of motherboard are you using?

the g9600 pro that i have (i did go for the ati in the end :)) doesnt have a seperate power socket. Gets it all off the motherboard

the motherboard is a msi kt4v with 512 mb ddr ram 2600 athlon and a 550 power supply

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back