G4MX-440t

S

Sceithamer

This is the scoop. I have a pcchips 810 mother board with 1200 mega hertz amd thunderbird processor 512 megs of ram and 350 watts of power with 220 watts of combined power. I was running windows xp and enjoying every minute but now im stuck running windows me. After installing the video card windows nolonger functioned. Constantly going black or rebooting all together. I originaly had 300 watt psu with 180 combined power supply and upgraded to the 350 with no change whatsoever. I have also tried several different drivers including the detinator drivers wich I'm running now. And again nothing changed. I have had absolutly no problems with windows me installed.

If anybody has any idea what i can do please reply. I have tried many other forums including nvidia's and have received no help you guys are my last hope! Also if you need more info please ask

Thank You,
Sceithamer

Originally posted by Sceithamer
This is the scoop. I have a pcchips 810 mother board with 1200 mega hertz amd thunderbird processor 512 megs of ram and 350 watts of power with 220 watts of combined power. I was running windows xp and enjoying every minute but now im stuck running windows me. After installing the video card windows nolonger functioned. Constantly going black or rebooting all together. I originaly had 300 watt psu with 180 combined power supply and upgraded to the 350 with no change whatsoever. I have also tried several different drivers including the detinator drivers wich I'm running now. And again nothing changed. I have had absolutly no problems with windows me installed.

If anybody has any idea what i can do please reply. I have tried many other forums including nvidia's and have received no help you guys are my last hope! Also if you need more info please ask

Thank You,
Sceithamer

sure if you can list other hardware you use it would be nice...

thing to consider after upgrading hardware OR experience problems liek the one you are is to basicaly go ahead and do a clean format/install of your os and then drivers for your machine... the majority of the time this does solve the problem..

the video card should not have problems with the setup you have.. I dont think.. its basically a revamped gf2 card with faster memory and certain upgrades... therefore shoudl be supported by your mobo...

if you coudl perhaps list other hardware you have running as well as the agp speed (1x, 2x or 4x) that you have your video cards agp slot @... and if you can also list down... the steps you have taken so far... maybe we can guide you to a solution :)

keep posting...

I will do my best. I am new at this. I have a memorex 48x cdrom and a 3.5 in floppy drive, 20 gigabyte 7200 rpm hard drive. Everything else is onboard (this was a inexpensive mb) i have a ctx 700 17" monitor. My agp is running at 4x now without a problem.

I have reformatted the hard drive and then loaded xp and video drivers still had same problem. I tried starting in video mode and used tweak programs. I could only get nvmax to work as a tweaker and it did not load correctly. When i lowered my agp to 1x it worked for about a minute then reboot. I can load drivers and it will run at very low settings (8bit color)until i use the 3d graphics or try to upgrade color settings then reboot. I have tried several drivers with no luck.

I have also tried setting up system with windows me and then upgrading to xp. Same propblem

If you need more info please post, Please be patient as i am just learning

Sceithamer

I will do my best. I am new at this. I have a memorex 48x cdrom and a 3.5 in floppy drive, 20 gigabyte 7200 rpm hard drive. Everything else is onboard (this was a inexpensive mb) i have a ctx 700 17" monitor. My agp is running at 4x now without a problem.

I have reformatted the hard drive and then loaded xp and video drivers still had same problem. I tried starting in video mode and used tweak programs. I could only get nvmax to work as a tweaker and it did not load correctly. When i lowered my agp to 1x it worked for about a minute then reboot. I can load drivers and it will run at very low settings (8bit color)until i use the 3d graphics or try to upgrade color settings then reboot. I have tried several drivers with no luck.

I have also tried setting up system with windows me and then upgrading to xp. Same propblem

If you need more info please post, Please be patient as i am just learning

Sceithamer

thats fine.. we are all learning here :)

what size is your power supply?

random reboots could be due to power problems... its possible... I don;t understand what you meant by combined power... thats why I am asking...

also have you done any hardware related tweaking prior to the lockups?

Yes i have tried tweaking before the reboots and the best i can get is about a minute at 1x agp.

+5v and +3.3v = 220 W

Totall output =350W
Acording to my mb faq sheet I need +5v and 3.3v = 180W

It does sound like power but if that was true wouldnt i have that problem now. It runs fine with windows me. The problem seems to be somekind of conflict with windows xp and my video card. Acording to the card maker (msi) it should work fine. But the problem only accurs with xp. Hopefully this helps.

Sceithamer

Yes i have tried tweaking before the reboots and the best i can get is about a minute at 1x agp.

+5v and +3.3v = 220 W

Totall output =350W
Acording to my mb faq sheet I need +5v and 3.3v = 180W

It does sound like power but if that was true wouldnt i have that problem now. It runs fine with windows me. The problem seems to be somekind of conflict with windows xp and my video card. Acording to the card maker (msi) it should work fine. But the problem only accurs with xp. Hopefully this helps.

Sceithamer

winxp does have some issues wth some pieces of hardware... more so the drivers than anything else..

have you considered playing around with your pci cards... might be irq problems between the pci slots and the agp...

this seems unlikely due to you not having probs before.. but post your cards and the slots they occupy as well... calling the pci slot closest to the agp slot as pci 1

The 810 mb from pcchips has onboard everything so there isnt any pci cards installed. All the other slots are empty.

Sceithamer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back