G-force 2 gts 64mb black screen

V

vampy

Hope someone can help

After having put up with a host of probs with my g-force2, bsod's by the bucket load etc, I seem to have got this sorted with 23.10 and 23.11 drivers. HOWEVER! I now get a huge new problem. If I leave the computer for any length of time and come back to it the following has happened.

The keyboard light is on.
The monitor stanby light is on.
The computer is dead!:confused: No lights fans etc!

Hibernate etc is all off and everything is set to always on.
The bios sleep/hibernate mode is disabled.

To get it back I have to hold the computer on button for a few seconds and then push it again. This would suggest that its actually on or something!! :confused: :confused:

Any help appreciated.

one word for you is HEAT !!! once the CPU on the mobo or graphics card gets to hot , thats what happens

Have you got case cooling fans etc ?

i had this happen to a machine i overclocked a while ago , but the heat sink was faulty and exact same problem as you

I would run motherboard monitor and some temp checks

i hope that helps

zman

Thanks for the resonse. Never thought of this! Will take a look, but the case is well cooled. Also when I revert to 23.10 drivers for the card it seems to stop happening!!!! I will install some monitoring software and keep an eye on it.

Aint this Fun!

zman

Thanks it was heat and sod all to do with drivers.

Fan on processor was knacked, well couldnt see a fault but I replaced it and it has been fine. Also took opp to replace case fan with a bigger one as well as one on the graphics card.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back