FYI - Sygate Pro V5.5 build2525 released:)

_kC_

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi, just too let ya know a new build of sygate pro firewall 5.5 b2525, i cant find any info on what is new, but i have just installed it, and it seems too be totally optimized, now starts up immediatley (no waiting 10-20seconds) and ram usage is now only 2mb (was around 10 in last build)
in usuage everything seems a lot quicker too open..
Also a new trojan signature library was released, after youve upgraded sygate, press "update signature"

couldnt see any major new features.. but this optimization is great!

Nice job sygate!

Sygate SE has also been updated.

Whats New?

[b2525]: Fixed SPF blocking all Network traffic while service is not loaded (even if the advanced feature was not enabled)
[b2525]: Enhanced support for CheckPoint VPN
[b2525]: Fixed Explorer continuously accessing Smc.exe

Thankyou for the info Enyo..
damn seems its now uncompatible with AVG pro 7.....

i always had "anti application hijacking" enabled since v5.5
now after ive installed this new sygate, i try too update my AVG definitions..
Up pops the box
"do you want too allow avgblahblah to access grisoft.com etc"
then "avg Control center is calling avg updater, do you want too allow it"

i tcked the box "always remember" and then clicked "yes" for both,
but it keeps going round in circles asking me over and over again, it never did this in previous sygate build... so only way too update my AVG at the moment is too disable "anti application hijacking" within sygates/security options.
, and then re-enable after avg updates :(

fixed, by creating an advanced rule for it..

I updated it too, but what I do not understand is that it wouldn't update from the update option... kept telling me I had the latest version (5.5.2517) which obviously wasn't true, I had to download the "trial" again to have Sygate's Personnal Firewall Pro updated for real (5.5.2525) :eek:)
Will see at next reboot if it really loads faster, which would really be a good thing ;o)

Thank you for the info _kC_ !

An error to be looked at I would have thought.

I am on build 2516 and it says there is no updates availiable.

What happened to a notification of an upgrade, or automatic updating.

Otherwise I am quite happy with the Pro version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back