FYI - Best Winamp skin ever

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
This Winamp 5 skin was so cool I just had to post it.
**Get it here**

/NOTE
The top bar is my PLAYLIST minimized.

not bad at all, tho I still personally use the default skin!!

Oooooo nice... I think I may have found a replacement for the MMD3 skin.

What visual style are you running, btw? I really like the taskbar you've got there... I noticed you're running Azureus in the systray. I use that as well and like it quite a bit... only problem I had was when I was running an old beta of the 1.4 java machine... Forgot I hadn't updated it and it caused azureus to use like 180mb RAM and 95% CPU. :( However, I'm going to have to download that winamp skin. I use MMD3 right now and I'm bored of it... not to mention it's rather large.

why can't Itunes have skins...booo apple!

I seem to be reading a few comments on this skin usin alot of CPU cycles 90-100%, for some even when idle. Also not all of the WinAmp 5 fetures are functional since this has not been compiled for version 5 only.

Sooooooo, maybe I'll wait till da bugs have been squashed before I install. Very nice skin though.

I can't get used to those new flashy freeform skins; I like those bog-standard, rectangle shaped ones. Easier to navigate at times :)

Electronic Punk said:

With you on that one with all the colours schemes the defulat will match any visual style :)

Electronic Punk said:
Default all the way. The default skin is always the most functional.

gonaads said:
I seem to be reading a few comments on this skin usin alot of CPU cycles 90-100%, for some even when idle. Also not all of the WinAmp 5 fetures are functional since this has not been compiled for version 5 only.

Sooooooo, maybe I'll wait till da bugs have been squashed before I install. Very nice skin though.

it certainly does, for all the machines i've tested it on anyway. if you disable alpha blending it sits at about 35% usage, but looks shoddy. and besides, who wants a skin that uses 35% of your CPU?

my favourite is the one featured in my screengrab there

Attachments

• screengrab.JPG
    screengrab.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 349
cryogenic said:
What visual style are you running - ? - I noticed you're running Azureus -
I'm using the Jaguar Brushed theme/style.

I've never had any problems with Azureus, its been a great program!

gonaads said:
Graebob said:
- about 35% usage -
Yes it does use alot of CPU but its nice to look at, just turn Winamp's priority down. :p

Winamp OPEN -
25-41% CPU usage
7200KB - 7300KB of RAM usage

Winamp Minimized -
5-20% CPU usage
6400KB - 10780KB of RAM usage

I'll probably use it till I go on my next tweaking binge and remove everything that could possibly speed me up.

my favourite is ZDL_GOLD_STACK
uses no cpu cycles

:cool:

Attachments

• winamp.jpg
    winamp.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,944
pulp victim the world 99 rules:)

i prefer that mdd3 skin or wotever its called but currently in classic winamp mode

gonaads said:
- the MMD3 skin -
After looking around I found this really neat skin and just as I was about to post it I noticed this is the same one you were talking about. It is great and does not too bad on the resources.

Download

chaos945 said:
After looking around I found this really neat skin and just as I was about to post it I noticed this is the same one you were talking about. It is great and does not too bad on the resources.

Download

Yep, and that is my default skin. It is very stable. Many color schemes and the windowshade mode is very good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back