FX 5600 ultra problem

C

cky

i just bought a fx 5600 ultra and when i start up i get this

error.jpg

ive switched power cables to the card, tried different drivers wtf...

im running..

Asus A7n8x deluxe
768 Crucial ddr pc2700
amd xp 2500+ barton
430watt antec psu
fx5600 ultra

WinXP home
and now Nvidia 53.03 drivers..

any idea?

Your power supply could be too wimpy.

What rating and brand is it? That system needs 350W at least with a good name brand power supply (antec, enlight, etc). A cheaper generic or off name brand at least 400W and atht is still no guarantee of adequate power.

You should be able to check the voltages in bios but that will be under very light load. Make sure the % volts is at or above 5 v and the 12v is at or above 12v.

Biggest problem these days is the 5V can't supply enough amps. Everything is beingloaded on the 5V supply taht used to use 12V.

Get a copy of Sisoft Sandra (free version) and check while actually doing something (moving a big file from one sdisk to another, burning a cd etc.).

For a quick experiment drop the ram to 384 or 512, disconnect the second HD and the second CD drive. See if the warning goes away. If it does invest in a decent power supply Antec/Enlight 380W or higher.

PS - Just noticed you have a PNY card. It could be the card. If the voltages look ok and lowering the load doesn't help you got a bum card. If you do return it consider another brand. PNY has a higher than average problem rate.

If it is the card post again asking for GE4 5600 Ultra brand recommendations. I've had problems with Gainward but many others like them. Stay away from MSI (sloppy assembly leading to faults). Xtasy is iff'y. The Powercolor cards I've seen have been very well built.

i have an Antec Truepower 430watt.. where exactly in bios would i check the voltages..(sorry im a nub when it comes to bios things..)

//edit

+3.3v = 3.29
+5v = 4.94
+12v = 11.96 - 12.03

it seems that the card is not receiving power for whatever reason...

consider trying the card out in another machine and see if it works...

from the sounds of it the card may be faulty... but its best to check out your options first..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back