Fuzzy noise from speakers !?!

Z

ZAnwar

I had been on my computer after a long while because I was formatting and that lot before. Now when I play any MP3 file (not tried others), a fuzzy noise comes which is quite loud compared to the song because it covers the music, so it is hard to hear anything anyway!!!

I am scared, is this because my speakers are buggered, because some setting is wrong or because I turned off my onboard sound off from the BIOS !?!

By the way, I don't think it is a driver problem ! I have tried two sets of drivers !

What can be wrong then ?

Have you tried plugging some other speakers in and listening, that would rule out the speakers being at fault.

If it only happens with mp3s, what rates are they, lower recordings do give bad noise.

It could be interferance, if the noise happens with ANY sound source.

It happens with all types of sound files!

Before I didn't mention this, because I hadn't tried it yet !

It happened on a mpg and an avi.

Not as much on the .avi though, as others ?

Definately sounds like interference. Have you moved anything , check no cables are entagled around the speaker cables.

One thing i noticed when i was getting a noise issue, simillar to what your saying, was that my soundcards TAD/AUX input was enabled, simply mutting that from the olume controls fixed it.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

I'll try that, thanks!

But do you think that I should enable onboard sound again from BIOS ?

Not if you have a PCI soundcard. test it and see what happens?

not unless you want to have to install drivers for it and have two sound devices installed. would probably prevent games from outputting to the right source. also, it'd put a strain on your cpu while playing games or music.

leave the onboard sound off. no reason to turn it on. try plugging heaphones into the same port that your speakers are plugged into.

you wouldn't by chance have plugged in the cable that goes from the sound card to the cd rom did you? because that has ALWAYS made my speakers have that fuzzy sound for some reason. If so just pull it out most drives support digital anyways.

yeah but my wire from the CD rom drive to the sound card has always been like that ?

well you said u disabled the onboard sound in the bios whichs makes me think you put in a new card. what card is the cable going to. You should prolly just take it out since it doesn't really do anything special cept cause garbage in your sound.

yeah, that little cable going cdrom your cdrom drive to your sound card is worthless. cd audio is taken care of digitally via the ide interface.

but i don't think that's causing your sound problems. good luck, though.

ok, thanks. will a format do any good ,coz it might be happening because of WMP9Series!

I don't think it is to do with my onboard sound!

I will recheck the wires, make an image and format!

Hopefully, it will be working properly now!

One thing I noticed was that in all sound files, the noise only went fuzzy when the beat got louder or the pitch grew higher!

well its sounds to me like your speakers are blown.... but it could also be from being to close to your monitor.. i know my speakers act wierd when they are to close to the monitor. but try another set of speakers and see if those have the same problem

Actually speakers next to the monitor might be it, because they are nearly touching the monitor. I don't think they are blown because I don't fully blast them!

I still think its the cable, and why would you image your hdd if you think its your install that is causing it? your gonn abe right back where u are. UNPLUG THE CABLE!!!!! just humor me and try it!!!!!! :)

yeah sorry, I would image after format and install XP!

I took the wire out, let's see what happens now!

Try this: Turn down the sound from windows (Control Panel >>> Sound.. ) and turn up ur speakers... it fixed my problem.

Hi,

Easy way to test if the problem is with your speakers or not. Unplug the speakers and plug in a pair of headphones. Do you have the same problems with the headphones? If not then get a new pair of speakers.

Good Luck
Stealer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back