Futuremark's PCMark 2005 Benchmarks

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
PCMark®05 is everything you need to reliably and easily measure the performance of your PC and determine its strengths and weaknesses. With PCMark05, you will be able to select the optimal upgrades for your existing PC, or choose the right new PC that fits your specific needs. This easy-to-use product gives you the same tools and knowledge that virtually every professional tester in the industry uses.

You can download PCMark 2005 from this page

Please use my next thread as a template for your benchmarks.
Thanks.

Last edited:
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3400+ @ 2.2ghz
Motherboard: MSI Neo FiS2R, Bios rev 2.2
Memory: 2x512meg Crucial CAS3 DDR
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb, Forceware 77.72
Hard drives: Dual SATA Maxtor Diamond9's 320gig RAID array
Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

PCMark Results:

Scores coming

Pcmark 2004 or 2005? Thread title is for 2005, your link claims for 2004 :eek:

It is almost as if I cut and paste it from the other thread!
Not had a chance to run this yet? Any cool test anyone?

Hey guys,
do you think that i'm ok with a 3269 score?

Last edited:
I keep getting a access violation during the sound and video part of the test. From the log file created it occurs when PCMARK05.exe tries to access vorbis.dll. I have tried a reboot so far and dropping OC'ing and checking drivers, they are all certified drivers.

It also seems to take awhile for the HDD tests and the program to initilize. I will try to re-install it and if that doesn't work then a new download and install.

Are there any other apps you might need to install do you think steeve?

Some of the other FM tools require additional downloads, wondering if it is true for this as well.

Checked all specs, WMC9 was installed , but I re-installed it.

Un-installed PCMark05, downloaded from another source, verified the checksum. Re-installed same problem.

Used Windows Codec Checker tool, all files are the most current.

The only thing I can think of is if my onboard audio doesn't support the format. Then again, I dunno.....

I would have thought it would still run?

I'll give it a shot when I get my AIW x800xt this week.

You are changing graphics cards more often than I do Sazar... well nearly.

Electronic Punk said:
You are changing graphics cards more often than I do Sazar... well nearly.

Not quite, still have the AIW 9700pro here :)

Getting rid of the ultra since I just am not impressed. I won't be impressed with the x800xt either but since its an AIW, why the heck not eh :D

Tide me over for a few months till the next toys drop.

Surprisingly, no.

There is no improvement in picture quality. Higher res with filtering, yes, but not impressive. The most impressed I have been was with the 9700pro, plus it was an AIW. I replayed every game I finished with my 9700pro on the ultra and I was not impressed. BF2 being the exception.

I guess I am more of a stealth/strategy kinda guy than a run in and gun em all down fella. And I generally play cs:s more than anything else and there is no advancement. The AIW x800xt should be a little faster in most things off the bat that I play.

I am waiting for the next round to get the real wow factor. By that time I will have accumulated enough Amazon gift cards from work to buy an x2 as well :cool:

Last edited:
Post a compare and also compare your system score v/s other system scores to check and see how comparable it really is.

Makes it easier for you when you are asking questions to receive answers that way.

Fwiw, your scores in this and other threads seems to be about normal for your system.

alright thanx and what is a post a compare. i might not be able to compare mine to other systems because i just have the free version of the two progams

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=365470

PCMark05: 5471 (results using single video)

Does this number seem about right for my system? A vast improvement over the numbers I was getting a couple days ago. There isnt a lot of results in this thread to compare to.

Only thing I dont understand is why it shows my core clock of my videocards as 8 Mhz. Its actually at stock speeds of 430 Mhz, mem clock is 1.2 Ghz and stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back