Futuremark's 3DMark06 Benchmarks

I must be doing something wrong...I got 9453, with my setup!!!

screenshot of my 3dmark results. Everything is stock, no tweaks. How would I go about improving the scores?

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 902
Not sure why you are worried about a 3DMark 06 score, it doesn't really mean much.

That 7600 is your main problem, it only has 128bit memory interface which is going to slow you down a lot, especially with a shader intensive benchmark such as 3Dmark 06. Besides checking your drivers, making sure the Nvidia control panel is not overriding anything and cleaning your computer of any spyware or other junk. There is not much you can really do. Vista is slower than XP for gaming, so that might help you out a bit if you still have a copy of XP laying around. Your CPU is fine, just upgrade that GPU!! :)

I hit 5400 last night. X2 3800+ and X1800XT

New 2Gb kit of OCZ runs better than my old 1Gb kit. 223Mhz @ 2.3.2.5 T1

It also allowed a better overclock on this processor. 2.67Ghz at 1.44vcore

Thus a new and improved 9402 3D06 score.

Attachments

• 3D06.jpg
    3D06.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 362
Finished my upgrade and now I know what "Return to Procyon" is supposed to look like, lol.

8568 Score is about 1000 light for my new rig, but 5x faster than my old rig. Time to start cleaning and optimizing this was not a clean XP install I just wiped the drivers and devices out of Device Mangler and dropped in the new MB.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4829228

64 X2 4800 (2.5 gig), 3dmark claims it is a sempron mobile CPU???
EVGA 8800 GT, stock speeds
2 GB, 6400 RAM, 5-5-5-16, PQI turbo RAM which CPUz says is only running at 350mhz
?divider issue on MB?
POS (you'd think I'd learn...) ECS nforce6M-A (MCP61 chipset)

The MB/CPU is temporary and the RAM goes to 4 GB as soon as I can get a local deal.

The 8800GT is a thing of beauty. Quiet, relatively low power usage, single slot, and fast.

I thought the 8800's were faster than the 3870's? I contemplated getting one, but with 10.1 (that may never be used) and they scale better in X-fire and overclocking.

Perhaps you will gain with a system cleaning and overclocking...

On your board/memory issue, do you have cool and quiet enabled?

I managed to get my CPU up a few more Mhz, by dropping the vcore to 1.38. It was hitting 54C running the SMP of F@H, now it runs 47C @ 2.7Ghz

Next up for me is a full system upgrade.
2 SAS 15K disks on a dedicated LSI PCI-e card
1 750Gb Storage drive
Dual boot Vista/XP
Either a phenom if the fix they implemented works and the new 45nm clocks better, or a quad core Intel.
Another 3870 for X-fire.
Keeping my current 3870, sound card, Tuner card, and peripherals.

I tried manually setting the ram to full speed and the MB dropped my clock to 12x cutting my CPU speed to compenstae. Probably a feature with ECS's MB.

I will up the FSB from 200 to 207 which I think will give me optimum memory and a slight CPU overclock.

My 3dmark06 score is probably good. Digging deeper it looks like the 9500 score was overclcoked GPU. They don't show the gpu clock speed in the listings.

I purged my system and registry, flashed bios and updated all drivers and the score stayed the same. My cpu score was actually higher than some people with the same cpu/gpu so they appear to be overclocking the stock 8800GT (it is overclcok friendly but I have no reason to yet).

I will disable cool and quiet to see if it helps. it does not seem to be working as far as i can tell from CPUz. Yes I installed hte latest amd k8 drivers.

EdiT
I broke out the old overclcoking tools...
9134 which I can live with: GPU,650/1000 and CPU 210 (up from 650/900 & 200) CPU did not like being overclocked at all. 65W model and I have no voltage controls... :( on this MB.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4915030

Last edited:
BTW, with the newer BIOS I can run 907Core but the fan makes more noise than I like, so I run 855 with the older slower fan BIOS.

Well, I just upgraded my system again, and I scored a 15003. Check out my sig for the changes.

I was bored and bought an 8800 GTS (G92) OC version :(

Will bench it later I guess.

Both of my 8800GTSs are stock versions, but I easily overclocked them to the SSC rated version from eVGA. Running 740/1980/1835,GPU/MEM/Shader. They both idle at about 40-45C, and at 50-55C under load.

Well, I just upgraded again, and now I scored 17403. I guess its time again to install vista and use 3DMark Vantage!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back