fun pc mac argument

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
so I am going to tri boot I think, vista, xp 64, ubantu 64 and I found a GREAT tutorial

so save that link but man, start reading the comments and you are going to have a friggin ball with the mac/pc fanboys on both sides

tons of fun let me tell you

someone down the line in the discussion says vista runs better on a mac...is this true?

anyway, the argument is a good read, the tutorial is excellant too

With iatkos, does OSX run better on PC?

You could throw that one into the mix...thanks for the link! Also, I agree with #5.

The new macs are pc's with the new style bios. Vista 64 will boot off the new style bios so you could buy an intel mac and replace the whole OS with vista64 :D

New style bios? EFI is not a Bios by any way shape or form.

Outside of that, you can already buy an Intel Mac and replace the entire system with any other you want. The bootcamp requirement is false, rEFIt and others will do the job just as well. I have a friend who bought a MacBook Pro to run Linux on it.

The question about Vista at least has some ground. It is exactly what PC World[1] a while back claimed to be the case, hence the fact that people are asking about it. They found Vista to run better on a MacBook Pro than on any other laptop.

I find flame baits about ones OS not amusing, but extremely sad. It is pathetic. Macs are as much as a PC now as they were back in the days when they were running chips from IBM. PC stands for Personal Computer. It is so extremely pathetic. Run whatever you are most comfortable with. Can't we all get along? Really, why does it matter if I run FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows or Haiku? It does not.

[1] PC World: http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html

With iatkos, does OSX run better on PC?

You could throw that one into the mix...thanks for the link! Also, I agree with #5.

I found iAtkos to not function as expected, and would not install correctly on a Core 2 Duo machine. Instead I grabbed the Kalyway release, and that one set everything up as I expected and worked right out of the gate.

I still find the Hackintosh limited, while it is cool to play with it has no real value to me. The value in having a legitimate version, on real hardware is being able to walk into the Apple store and getting any issues worked out face to face with a genius[1]. I believe that secretly Apple wants their OS to run on as many machines, but at the same time they are too small of a company to tackle all the different hardware configurations that exist out there, it would become a nightmare for their support, and would ultimately lower the quality of the Apple brand since people will start associating it with "beige" boxes which have problems, not necessarily because of the OS but the hardware on which it is run.

[1] Apple's name, I would prefer they be called technicians, but alas Genius sells a lot better!

The APC site has been around fo ages. I used it to set up last September. I could never get tri-booting to work with Ubuntu though and finally gave up.

Perris give us a heads up if you ever get tri boot working. An how you did it.

The laptop drivers were an issue under Ubuntu. Toshiba was not supportive of XP, let alone Ubuntu.

The APC site has been around fo ages. I used it to set up last September. I could never get tri-booting to work with Ubuntu though and finally gave up.

Perris give us a heads up if you ever get tri boot working. An how you did it.

The laptop drivers were an issue under Ubuntu. Toshiba was not supportive of XP, let alone Ubuntu.
I might be stuck with two installs, my hardrive is kinda full right now, will try to off load

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back