Full HDD warning

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i have a storage hdd and there are like 71mb free on it nad every time i restart i get the warrning that it is almost full, is there anyway to disable it on that drive since it does not matter that much???

Open regedit and create a new DWORD value called NoLowDiskSpaceChecks and set it to 1 under either

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer]
this will disable the message for all users
or
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer]
to disable it only in your account.

double click my computer right click the drive, select properties.

See what is says is total and what is free.

If it says the total is not 71 gig then the partition does not use the whole disk. You need to adjust the partition size. Partition magic can do this without data loss (most of the time) or windows administrative tools can do it (not sure if windows will wipe the existing data though).

If the drive total is 71 gig then your file allocaiton table may be corrupted or you may have a humongous bad file.

double click my computer right click the drive, select properties then tools then check now. It will probably tell oyu it can't and you have to restart to check. Restart if it says that. It may say bad "stuff" found. It will save the junk to a file called file000x.chk in the root directory, something like that. (My memory is going
from old age.) Then delete that file Note it may be humongous!!

canadian_divx are you asking if there is a way to disable the warning only for that drive? At least no way that I know of.

LeeJend from what I understand the drive is really almost full. It says 71 megabytes free.

Originally posted by canadian_divx
is there anyway to just disable it for that account

If you want to get rid of the drivespace warning for just your user profile, then make the edit that yoyo gave you only under the Current User key.

im pretty sure theres an option in gpedit to not notify users of low disk space:)

[EDIT] but if you aint got pro you can just forget what i said:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back