Fujifilm Finepix 6800

K

Kansalis

Anyone have one of these working properly under XP?

XP recognises the camera and mounts a drive when I turn it on so I can download the pictures from it. However, it doesn't get recognised as a device, so I can't use any programs to capture from it. eg CoffeeCup Webcam etc.

Anyone have this working?

Thanks for the link. I saw that yesterday. Basically it says the old software I got with the camera won't work with XP, but that there would be an update released in November. I've installed the update and done everything they say you should do to get it working in XP, but it still won't add the camera as a device.

Works fine under Win2k (I was using it before), but this is starting to bug me now :(

Unfortunately the official support pages are not too good. The script just times out when I try to do a search.

I know what you mean. There's a few companies dragging their feet catching up to XP. You're actually more fortunate than a lot of us, some of us now have some very expensive electronic nik naks because manufacturers won't support them anymore. And, a major feature of your camera does still work - where XP is concerned in these first few months, that's a good thing. Good luck man, hope they get your drivers and application posted soon.

I finally got it working :)

After a load of messing around with the software I removed everything from the system altogether and reinstalled it all from scratch.

Then it worked straight away. I must have corrupted it all with all the fiddling I was doing at the start, before I read the XP update info from the website.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back