Fuji FinePix Z1?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Anyone have this camera or have a friend that has this camera? want to know how good of a camera it is. how well it takes night pictures, ease of use, u know..... the usual stuff. my current digital camera sucks at taking pictures in low light conditions. If you have the camera, and could post some pictures that you have taken with it during the day or at night/in low light, i'd really appreciate it. Or, if the file size is too big......... PM me and i'll PM you back with my e-mail address or AIM screen name.... whichever you prefer, and you could send them that way. Just really want to know if i'd be getting a good camera if i were to buy it.

thx for the links, drz. i still might go with the Z1 though. yeah, the other one may have slightly better picture quality and an INSANE zoom range....... but i'm looking for a nice, easily portable digital camera that can take nice pictures even in near darkness. If you enjoy taking the occasional scenery picture, such as a nice sunset, you know that half the time when you see nice sunset pictures..... the first thing that goes through your mind is usually "S*it, i wish i had a camera with me". that happens to me soo friggin often. been taking scenery pics with my cell phone. not the greatest picture quality there. :-/ I was even looking at the FinePix F10, but that's still slightly too big, and the protruding lens doesn't thrill me too much, especially since it doesn't even have that great of zoom even WITH the protruding lens.

Ok...... the one thing i'm wondering is..... what do they mean with these cameras by "purple fringe"? And i'm kinda thinking about getting that camera, music man, but i like the style of the FinePix Z1. u know of any other good performing compact camera's?

purple fringe is when purple stuff gets around edges of objects in a picture *usually trees*. its not a big concern but i would defintely make sure the camera u chose doesn't have a lot of it.

umm some compact cameras i recommend are the sony p100 or p200, canon sd 300 400 or 500, or fuji f10.

i personally like sony above the others because their battery life is better and their camera's usually have more features.

well.... i went to Best Buy to look at the SD400, but the one there was busted..... went to Circuit City, and the one they had worked. the one thing i'm wondering before i actually order it from ZipZoomFly..... though i'm pretty sure i already know the answer..... will the picture look a lot better when transferred to my PC than it does on the LCD that's on the camera? i'm guessing yes since it's a HUGE picture being shrunk down to fit on a 2" LCD.

well..... ordered the SD400 and a 512MB Secure Digital card. let's get a comparison between the two in macro mode. first, here's my current camera, a Sony Mavica FD100 1.2 Megapixel camera (yes, i know....... pretty damn crappy camera, but can take pretty nice pictures during the daytime, though at a low resolution). rather nice shots if i do say so myself. came out quite nice. taken in the little garden my mom has outside the house. gonna have to wait a few days for the macro shots from the SD400. possibly saturday at the latest.

edit: the pics have been resized to a smaller size to save on size.

Attachments

• DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 131
I like my HP R707. Great little camera. Sure, not as small as some of these you are looking at but it's got a lot of features, great battery life, and I got it for $15 after a mail in rebate. Butterflyphoto.com probably would have been a cheaper way to go than zipzoomfly for a camera. But I can't guarantee that.

take more pics and post em. and im dying to see the "Color swap" and the "color accent" features.

music man, the pics i posted are from my current digital camera. i don't have the SD400 yet. Just ordered it right before i posted last time.

ShepsCrook: dunno if it woulda been cheaper either, but ZZF had free 2nd day shipping via FedEx on both the camera and the Secure Digital card that i got with it.

I looked it up and it would have been a tad cheaper at Butterflyphoto.com with 2-3 day shipping. The 7 day shipping would have made it $307. But hey, That's cool for you.

I'm looking at cameras like the Nikon 8800

uuh... ShepsCrook.... think you looked up the wrong camera. i just looked, and the Canon PowerShot SD400 is $330 on Butterflyphoto, and $12 7-day shipping.

oops, sorry I looked up the Z1. I forgot you switched to the SD400
My bad.

well...... 10:40 a.m. today, heard a knock at the door. there's the FedEx dude standin there with a package under his arm. i was all like "YAY". Think that fedex guy and I are startin to become buddies. lol. he seems to be getting to know me quite well. the last computer part i ordered that came fedex (think was my video card), he comes to the door and he's like "hmm.... more computer parts, eh?". anyway.... back on topic..... battery has now been charging for about an hour..... gonna test out the camera, maybe get a few macro and normal images..... possibly wallpaperable, and post them as soon as i can. might even try to get a video too......

lol ya me and the fedex guy are tighttt hahah. he's been delivering me ipods, cellies, and digicams for years. well im waiting for ur pics, so post em

hmm..... those color accent and color swap pics can be a pain in the ass. it's not heavily sensitive on what color it is actually looking at, especially from a far distance. either that or it just doesn't like going through glass when it's looking at the color. I'll try to get somethin up soon...... just not that much time right this second.

Ok......... anyone know of somewhere i might be able to host these pictures? think the one got up into the 1.6MB range..... so imageshack wouldn't work well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back