ftp problems in win xp professional

S

spiderjohn

hey now,

okay i'm using win xp professional and have a dsl using a usb speed touch dsl modem. just "upgraded" to windoze xp and have finally gotten everything working...except i'm experiencing ftp woes.

fwiw, i download alot of music in shn format from shn servers. in 98se i used either crystal ftp or bulletproof ftp on this dsl line with no problem. now with xp, i'll download then all of a sudden my internet connection will drop, the modem icon on the tool bar will go from green to yellow, and i have to reboot to get going again. but then it drops the connection.

i've run both crystal ftp and bulletproof in compatible mood with no luck. i'm not sure the problem is with xp but who knows. the modem works fine on everything else except ftp. i've updated all my modem drivers and what not. any help?

thanks,

jonathan

Why dont you try logging into the ftp server using DOS (or command prompt if you want to be a pedant!) All you do is the following, this will let you see if its a fault using win xp and ftp or a program issue and is also tells you important info like if you have changed the domain of your url then the login details might have changed (personal experienece talking....lol:) )

open command prompt and type ftp =return
type open ftp.???.com (whatever the ftp server is called)= return
type in username =return
type in password = return
type dir = return
to get a folder type get space filename.xxx
to put a folder up type put filepath and name

happy days

if you still have probs make sure that if you are running a firewall then it is configured correctly... enjoy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back