ftp HELP...

I was wondering how I go about password protecting different folders on my ftp webspace..also can I have different username/passwords for each folder? and can I set certain folders to be uploadable only (ie people can only upload to them and cannot download content from them)?
Reason I'm asking is I want to host DJ mixing competitions and want my forum members to able to upload their mix to a competition folder and NOT be able to download other contestant's mixes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards... Colin :)

As far as making more ftp account all you have to do it create a user account (linux) im not to sure about the rest :D

yeah, thats what having usernames/passwords is for, download serv-u ftp server and ull quickly see that u can do that kind of stuff by locking them into a folder, or setting permissions for each username

pure-ftpd if you are on linux. If you use FreeBSD, check for the pure-ftpd tutorial on http://bsdguides.org/ as it allows you to set per user limits.

X-Istence

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back