Fsb

S

silky62678

If i increase the FSB but lower the multiplier to keep my CPU at 2400+ speed, will i see a increase since the FSB is higher?

Originally posted by silky62678
If i increase the FSB but lower the multiplier to keep my CPU at 2400+ speed, will i see a increase since the FSB is higher?

yes.. you will...

Re: Re: Fsb

Originally posted by Sazar
yes.. you will...
Will it make the cpu temp higher?
Will it increase my pci and agp slots, if so i will have to lock them or something

Re: Re: Re: Fsb

Will it make the cpu temp higher?
Will it increase my pci and agp slots, if so i will have to lock them or something

I was assuming you would lock the multipliers... :) so that would protect your pci/agp slots...

temps may increase due to the high fsb clock... so recommend you monitor it.. perhaps do a burn in test using sisoft sandra...

Im going to lower my multiplier. I always wondered how long should u run that test, overnight ?

Im going to lower my multiplier. I always wondered how long should u run that test, overnight ?

I usually run it for about an hour...

your motherboard automatically locks the AGP/PCI bus so you don't have to worry about it, you should be able to run it all the way to 200 MHz FSB if your RAM can handle it

afaik, the heat generated by a cpu is dependent only on it's core clock speed and voltage. so if you lower the multiplier and raise the fsb and end up with the same core speed, you shouldn't have an increase in temps.

but if i'm wrong, then the fsb shouldn't increase the heat output by much.

I don't really think the burn in program from sandra is that great. prime95 is well known for its stability testing ability and I like to run it overnight at least. You can get it here
What revision of the A7N8X is your board? I ask this because the earlier versions would often have problems reaching 200fsb. And even with the later revisions, it's luck of the draw. It should be printed on your motherboard.

Bios 1002 will support the 2500 Barton or go all the way to 1004 to support the new 400 FSB processors. Ya gotta love ASUS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back