• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fsb

S

silky62678

If i increase the FSB but lower the multiplier to keep my CPU at 2400+ speed, will i see a increase since the FSB is higher?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by silky62678
If i increase the FSB but lower the multiplier to keep my CPU at 2400+ speed, will i see a increase since the FSB is higher?
yes.. you will...

S

silky62678

Re: Re: Fsb

Originally posted by Sazar
yes.. you will...
Will it make the cpu temp higher?
Will it increase my pci and agp slots, if so i will have to lock them or something

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Re: Re: Re: Fsb

Will it make the cpu temp higher?
Will it increase my pci and agp slots, if so i will have to lock them or something
I was assuming you would lock the multipliers... :) so that would protect your pci/agp slots...

temps may increase due to the high fsb clock... so recommend you monitor it.. perhaps do a burn in test using sisoft sandra...

S

silky62678

Im going to lower my multiplier. I always wondered how long should u run that test, overnight ?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Im going to lower my multiplier. I always wondered how long should u run that test, overnight ?
I usually run it for about an hour...

your motherboard automatically locks the AGP/PCI bus so you don't have to worry about it, you should be able to run it all the way to 200 MHz FSB if your RAM can handle it

Taurus

hardware monkey
afaik, the heat generated by a cpu is dependent only on it's core clock speed and voltage. so if you lower the multiplier and raise the fsb and end up with the same core speed, you shouldn't have an increase in temps.

but if i'm wrong, then the fsb shouldn't increase the heat output by much.

J

jumpy

I don't really think the burn in program from sandra is that great. prime95 is well known for its stability testing ability and I like to run it overnight at least. You can get it here
What revision of the A7N8X is your board? I ask this because the earlier versions would often have problems reaching 200fsb. And even with the later revisions, it's luck of the draw. It should be printed on your motherboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal