• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fsb Help

M

Mr Dead

Ok heres my prob. I have an AMD Thunderbird 1400 o/c to 1520 by increasing the multiplier from 10.5 to 11 then increasing the fsb. I have good cooling so temp is not a prob. However even though my system is stable if increase my fsb more my usb cable modem stops working. Any ideas how i can resolve this prob or am I going to have to be satisified with my current speed?

M

MiseryQv2.0

oops... You must have a board with the Via kt266 chipset... The choices are: Get a kt266A board,,, to turn the FSB back down,,, OR to get a PCI USB adapter...

I think #3 is the best choice...

M

MAC

You are going to have to be HAPPY. The USB/High FSB issue is suposed to be gone with 266a chipsets, but results vary from brand to brand. You would get better performance from an unoverclocked Athlon XP+ in any flavor/DDR solution. The PCI usb has been known to work as long as your mobo has 1/4 dividers.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix