Front Panel and Motherboard Question

Agurri

I am what I am
Hello,

When I built my computer , I bought a really nice case, the Enermax CS-656-TA. It has some a front panel with 2 USB, 1 Mic, 1 headphone, and 1 firewire. I would like to know if I could use this panel with my motherboard : SuperMicro 370DLE. If yes, is there any picture or instruction. Well, thank you.

PS. I didn,t knwo where to put this thread ... so i'm sorry if I put it in the wrong forum :S

Should be able to, would have to refer to your motherboard documentation for pin layouts.

Hello,

When I built my computer , I bought a really nice case, the Enermax CS-656-TA. It has some a front panel with 2 USB, 1 Mic, 1 headphone, and 1 firewire. I would like to know if I could use this panel with my motherboard : SuperMicro 370DLE. If yes, is there any picture or instruction. Well, thank you.

PS. I didn,t knwo where to put this thread ... so i'm sorry if I put it in the wrong forum :S

My new case I didn't bother setting those connections except the front 2 usb ports as I don't use on-board sound.

It can be used however, it's very fidly and sometimes in the motherboard hand book the pins and jumpers don't seem to match, just google em for the alternative names.

discontinued server. no manual for your MB but there are other board manuals and server manuals here http://www.supermicro.com/support/manuals/

look through the servers and mb until you find one that looks like yours. download the manual and ti will say where to plug the USB.

Note that is a plain Jane, server MB and does not appear to have USB 2, firewire, etc.

Ok, I just found out my manual and it does talk about the Extra USB. If you guys want to look up, I found the manual on internet. The information is on 2-11 and 2-13. But, hum, I do not understand very well ... I mean, it says (for USB3) there are 4 pins needed (+5V, Key, IRRX and ground) but in my case, I have 5 pins and they arent labeled the same : Gnd, Gnd1, Usb 1+, USB1-, and VCC1. Since I have 2 Front USB, there is another set of pins like that, but they are Gnd, Gnd2, Usb 2+, USB 2-, and VCC2. So..... what the heck am I supposed to deal with ... ?

EDIT : ... Took me long to write my post , you had the time to post 2 posts hehe. Yea I know, I know there is not onboard sound and firewire, so that doesnt bother me. But I would like to get the USB working ...

its usually pretty self-explanatory, for instance the pins are usually near the pci ports, and usually you'll see one that actually has usb written next to it, also the pins will have one missing pin usually with a white backing.... hope this helps, just look on the board.

Gnd, Gnd1, Same thing, interchangeable power ground
USB1+, High side of USB Signal (PO+)
USB1-, Low side of USB Signal (PO-)
and VCC1 +5V power
USB3 and USB 4 port should work J105 and J106

IRRX is usually an infrared signal port, not USB so don't use that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back