"friendly" pop up

FishBoy

Feeeesh
hey i'm trying to make a new window open up but it only works on ie, firefox blocks it how do you make it so firefox actually opens it and sees it as "firendly" instead of it being a spam or something like that?

here is what i got
Code:
window.open('pop.html','blah','menubar=no,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,status=no,resize=no').focus();

Don't use popups at all?

Simple, if you are using popups you need to redesign your site, or redo your entire layout.

oh ok then well is there a way to manipulate my current window 'self' to not resize and have nothing but the page showing liks i showed in my code above but without having to open a new window coz i only knew how to do it with a new window but not with the current window, i'd excpected it to be something like 'self.attributes' lol but of course that's not it

FishBoy: It is the users decision as to how they want their browser to look. Just redirect them to the page you want to show them in a normal browser window using an <a href> and stop messing with people's browsers.

I really hate it when there are popup windows, or sites that try to change the way i want my browser to look. I close the site, reset my browser to the standards i had it at before, and then ignore that site. There is a reason why most people block them.

Auto pop-ups are blocked for a reason. If there was a code for a "friendly" pop-up, you can guarantee that every ad ****er would start using that code.

Melon

I tell firefox and admuncher to remove anything that implies I'm, not going to be able to resize a popup, or get a menu in a popup or get an address bar in a popup.

you dont need a popup. Just open a new page (maybe even say "right click this link and chose open in new tab/window) leave the user decide.

okay then lol i guess off to plan B.... no pop up lol you guys seemed angry about it

X-Istence said:
FishBoy: I really hate it when there are popup windows, or sites that try to change the way i want my browser to look. I close the site, reset my browser to the standards i had it at before, and then ignore that site.

the most annoying thing to me is a site that auto maximizes my browser...there should be an opt out in tools

perris said:
the most annoying thing to me is a site that auto maximizes my browser...there should be an opt out in tools

Never came across one, would piss me off as well. Site suddenly seems to be blacklisted to the ip 10.10.10.66 on my local network :p

<This site does bad javascript. No more fun>

And i move on :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back