Friend upgraded to XP

J

Jgedeon

A friend upgraded to XP and ever since we have had problems with e-mail. He can recieve ours but when he replies we don't get his. I've sent him all of our address's even the hotmail, yahoo, and netscape plus our pop mail. The only account to get his e-mails is yahoo. Non of the other web based mail even gets it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Web-based e-mail? Is he submitting it? Is the submit operation completing? Or is it timing out? XP will have nothing to do with web-mail. If anything, it's IE. And I'm unclear as to whether you mean that HE doesn't get e-mail from YOU, or if it's vice-versa. My guess though is his internet connection is timing out for some reason. If that is true, then it could be the fault of XP.
/L.A

Ok let me try this again!

He is recieving e-mail from me. I'm not recieving from him. He has tried all my accounts. The only account that I can get his e-mail is my yahoo account. He is e-mailing from outlook express 6.

Are his email attempts successfully leaving his computer?

Yes. All things look normal. Thats whats throwing me for the loop.

I'm going to guess it's something to do with his ISP. Tell him to go to their homepage and check on thier status.

It sounds like he either doesn't have his outgoing mail server preferences setup properly or there is a problem with the outgoing mail server. Tell him to contact his ISP.

He has out going others can get his e-mail. I can get the e-mail if he uses our yahoo account. but if he sends it to one of our neo.rr.com accounts then we don't get them. No one else has told him that they haven't gotten his e-mails. I didn't know I wasn't getting them till he started talking about a picture he sent me. Then I was aware that I wasn't getting them. But it didn't start till he upgraded to XP. When he was ME it was fine.

There are two thing in Outlook to make sure are correct.

Incoming mail (POP3) and Outgoing mail (SMTP).

They both need the correct info in them.

Open Outlook and click on tools at the top then click on accounts.

Then select properties on your mail account.

That info will be under the servers tab.

You can get the info from the ISP web page or you can call them.

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back