Fried iPod??

joyojoy

Not all there...
I am fortunate to have an iPod video. My daughter had it plugged into the TV today (using an AV cable), and when she went over to press the button to navigate to the next episode of Monk, she got zapped when she picked it up. Now the thing is totally frozen in the on position (and no, the hold button isn't activated). I can't even turn it off or reset it (tried holding down play/pause and the center button for about 30 seconds each). I also tried plugging it in to my computer, but it doesn't show up on the network.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:dead:

Did you get the warranty for it? It should at least still be under the Apple 1st year warranty. Take it to the Apple Store and tell them it stopped working.

I never would have guessed that plugging it into my TV with the Apple-made cable would pose a risk of electrical shock...(it ain't a cheap TV either)...

I just got it for Christmas, so it should be under warranty. If I can't restart it after the battery dies, guess I'll have to take it either to the Apple Store or Best Buy (where we got it). But I GOTTA have it by Sundy, because I'm leaving for vacation and REALLY wanted to watch season 2 of Monk...
Waaah!

uuh..... i was kinda leaning more towards static shock between her and the iPod......

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The battery finally died, and it apparently re-set itself when I plugged it back into my computer.

Note to self (and daughter): No polyester, balloons or other man-made static-harboring fibers allowed in the vicinity of iPod at work.

Ahh....me precioussssssssssssssss...

Thanks for all the helpful input.

joyojoy said:
I never would have guessed that plugging it into my TV with the Apple-made cable would pose a risk of electrical shock...(it ain't a cheap TV either)...

I just got it for Christmas, so it should be under warranty. If I can't restart it after the battery dies, guess I'll have to take it either to the Apple Store or Best Buy (where we got it). But I GOTTA have it by Sundy, because I'm leaving for vacation and REALLY wanted to watch season 2 of Monk...
Waaah!

You'll have to take it to Apple. If you take it to Best Buy they'll send you to Apple. Best Buy can touch your iPod only after your 1 year warranty with Apple runs out.

Thank God, it doesn't seem to be damaged. After the battery ran down, I charged it at my computer and it started back up as if nothing had happened. Now I can go download Monk S2!

Mini, 4th, and Photo Generations
Reboot iPod: Hold down the menu and select buttons.
Disk Mode: Hold down the select and play buttons after a reboot.
Diagnostic Mode: Hold Rewind and Select buttons after a reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back